Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The sentiment on Goff has gotten so bad that I think we have just reached over reaction the other way. Comments on other sites saying he isnt even a top 25 QB. 

Give me a break. He isnt that bad. 

When you throw for 78 yards in a game you were behind in for most of the day in today's NFL, it will do that you.

Goff is stacking pathetic performances on one another and sports is a what have you done for me lately business.  This shouldn't surprise you.

12 hours ago, VanS said:

Daniel Jones AND Saquon are definitely better than just Sam Darnold.

I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise.

While I'd take Saquon over all 3 Players listed below you're comparison is all wrong. It's 

Daniel Jones/Saquon 

Or

Sam Darnold/Quinnen Williams

Don't include any other Draft picks in the discussion either since you were basically talking about the first two picks drafted ("technically ") by each club in 18/19. It's not as lopsided "Now" as you both claim.

1 hour ago, VanS said:

Not if you look at more than just counting rings.  If you look at the situations guys are in and take that into account its not hating.

Someone mentioned this stat on TV recently.  Aaron Rodgers has had a top 10 defense just ONCE in the last 10 years.  It was in 2010.  He won the Super Bowl that year.   Tom Brady has had a top 10 defense 14 of the last 16 years (or something thereabouts).  And he makes it to the Super Bowl almost every year.

Context matters.  If you gave a QB like Aaron Rodgers the defenses and coaches Brady has had he probably wins more titles and is the GOAT.  Rings are about circumstance as much as talent.

Two can play this game.

If Eli Manning stayed on the Chargers, he prolly wouldn’t win a SB. 

If John Stockton and Karl Malone didn’t play Jordan in the championship the Jazz would’ve won a championship

If Kim Kardashian didn’t make a certain tape then she wouldn’t have been famous 

If I won the lottery, I wouldn’t be sitting here responding to you.  

But guess what? They all happened. Except the last one of course (which is why I’m responding) 

its time to take a dose of reality 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VanS said:

Not if you look at more than just counting rings.  If you look at the situations guys are in and take that into account its not hating.

Someone mentioned this stat on TV recently.  Aaron Rodgers has had a top 10 defense just ONCE in the last 10 years.  It was in 2010.  He won the Super Bowl that year.   Tom Brady has had a top 10 defense 14 of the last 16 years (or something thereabouts).  And he makes it to the Super Bowl almost every year.

Context matters.  If you gave a QB like Aaron Rodgers the defenses and coaches Brady has had he probably wins more titles and is the GOAT.  Rings are about circumstance as much as talent.

@SkippyX .....reinforcement!

4 hours ago, VanS said:

It's amazing that you actually believe what you are typing.

6 hours ago, VanS said:

I don't think you understand or appreciate just how incredible this Patriots dynasty is. There's something about Brady that can't be characterized as "talent" or measured in a box score. His intangibles are unequivocally unparalleled. So in theory, I get where your coming from, but it just isn't that simple where you can compare two skill sets. It's the same reason I doubt Mahomes will ever sniff Bradys accomplishments, despite being the superior "talent".

There's a reason, that goes beyond circumstance, as to why no one else has 6 rings. As a Jets fan, I can't wait to see that reason retire, but as a football fan, I have no problem appreciating Bradys greatness. 

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

While I'd take Saquon over all 3 Players listed below you're comparison is all wrong. It's 

Daniel Jones/Saquon 

Or

Sam Darnold/Quinnen Williams

Don't include any other Draft picks in the discussion either since you were basically talking about the first two picks drafted ("technically ") by each club in 18/19. It's not as lopsided "Now" as you both claim.

I think Daniel Jones is as good as Darnold.  Saquon is a generational player while Quinnen Williams is not.  So to me it is lopsided.

8 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Two can play this game.

If Eli Manning stayed on the Chargers, he prolly wouldn’t win a SB. 

If John Stockton and Karl Malone didn’t play Jordan in the championship the Jazz would’ve won a championship.

I agree.  That's why I rate players based on their ability not just on how many rings they have or stats.

I always viewed Eli Manning as an average NFL QB.  Those 2 Super Bowl runs didn't make him great all of a sudden in my eyes.

3 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I don't think you understand or appreciate just how incredible this Patriots dynasty is. There's something about Brady that can't be characterized as "talent" or measured in a box score. His intangibles are unequivocally unparalleled. So in theory, I get where your coming from, but it just isn't that simple where you can compare two skill sets. It's the same reason I doubt Mahomes will ever sniff Bradys accomplishments, despite being the superior "talent".

There's a reason, that goes beyond circumstance, as to why no one else has 6 rings. As a Jets fan, I can't wait to see that reason retire, but as a football fan, I have no problem appreciating Bradys greatness. 

I can't wait till he retires as well so we can see if Jared Stidham or some other QB can win another Super Bowl with Belichick.

If that happens we'll know it was more about the circumstances in New England than Tom Brady being this unparraleled talent.

Edited by VanS

2 minutes ago, VanS said:

I can't wait till he retires either so we can see Jared Stidham or some other QB win anothet Super Bowl with Belichick.

6 Super Bowls****

Will Belichick really be able to defeat the all mighty Josh Allen though?

1 hour ago, VanS said:

I can't wait till he retires as well so we can see if Jared Stidham or some other QB can win another Super Bowl with Belichick.

If that happens we'll know it was more about the circumstances in New England than Tom Brady being this unparraleled talent.

We might find out as soon as next year if Belichick can win a SB with another QB because I don't think Brady will be in NE past this year. 

And even if he does, the how is the deciding factor. Because it almost certainly would not be a QB driven SB run.

3 hours ago, VanS said:

Not exactly, no. It wouldn't surprise me if Belichick wins without Brady, he's the greatest coach of all time. Will he continue to dominate year-after-year winning multiple championships without Brady? No, I highly doubt it. The unprecedented streak of winning that we've been witnessing isn't possible without both the greatest coach and greatest quarterback of all time. Why do people feel the need to have to pick one or the other? 

Edited by NJC33
  • Like 1