Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Not exactly, no. It wouldn't surprise me if Belichick wins without Brady, he's the greatest coach of all time. Will he continue to dominate year-after-year winning multiple championships without Brady? No, I highly doubt it. The unprecedented streak of winning that we've been witnessing isn't possible without both the greatest coach and greatest quarterback of all time. Why do people feel the need to have to pick one or the other? 

Well I doubt Belichick coaches for another 18 years so this run will probably never be matched.

But if in 2021 after Brady retires Belichick wins Super Bowl #7 with Stidham, it'll be conclusive proof to me that it was Belichick driving this dynasty and not Brady cause Belichick would have plugged in another QB into Brady's spot and won again.

And I'm sure if you made Belichick younger so he could coach another 18 years he would match what he's done in the last 18.

12 minutes ago, VanS said:

Well I doubt Belichick coaches for another 18 years so this run will probably never be matched.

But if in 2021 after Brady retires Belichick wins Super Bowl #7 with Stidham, it'll be conclusive proof to me that it was Belichick driving this dynasty and not Brady cause Belichick would have plugged in another QB into Brady's spot and won again.

And I'm sure if you made Belichick younger so he could coach another 18 years he would match what he's done in the last 18.

You almost exclusively rely on outlandish hypotheticals as the basis of your arguments.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

@SkippyX .....reinforcement!

Brady has a pair of comebacks in the Super Bowl by 10 and 25 points. No defense handed those games to him.

• well, Butler did... but Brady gave them the lead before that.

You can give Rodgers a pass for losing that shootout to Warner and Capers getting humiliated in SF but every other playoff loss was just him not being good enough.

• The loss to the Giants in Lambeau with a 15-1 team is an absolute joke.
  • He lost a home playoff game to Kaepernick where he threw for 177 yards.
  • Forget all the shenanigans in Seattle. They don't matter if Rodgers was not grade Z garbage that day.

Rodgers passer ratings in 3 NFCCGs are 55.4, 55.8 and 91.6*. The 91.6 was another 55 type game until it was too late in the 2nd half.

• He had some bad luck on those first 2 drives in Atlanta (Ripkowski fumble and a Crosby missed FG) he followed that up with a pair of 3 and outs and an interception.
    • GAME OVER in a shootout.
    • All his stats after that were padding in an obvious loss. (31-0 at that point)
    • He also took 13 1/2 minutes to score those 3 TDs so he did Atlanta a favor by burning clock.
    • He gets a 91.6 on his resume and his team loses by 23

He was awful in the 4 of the 5 biggest games of his career. (NFCCGs, vs NY at 15-1, and the Super Bowl)

Rodgers also has a much larger division advantage than Brady over both of there careers (win% inside vs out)

• Rodgers is 44-18-1 in division (.706) vs 61-40 (.604)
  • Brady is 84-21 in division (.800) vs 129-39 (.768)

Rodgers is the master of not throwing interceptions.  The problem is that:

• 3rd down incompletions are the same thing as an interception thrown 40 yards downfield.
  • 3rd down sacks are the same as an interception thrown 33 yards downfield
  • 3rd down passes for 5 yards when needing 8 yards lead to punts or FGs instead of TDs

Rodgers overall QB rating in his 9 losses in 2018 is probably fine. Good for his football card!

• His 3rd down conversions were 34.3% in those games so he failed as a QB.
  • The Packers were 23rd in 3rd down conversions and 13th in red zone TD conversions
  • He could have played better so the 6-9-1 is on him first.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I can’t believe Vans is serious with this. If Rodgers was god why doesn’t he have more SB showings let alone SB wins. Jesus Christ that argument is beyond horrid. And I’m a pats hater. 

Last time Aaron Rodgers had a top 10 scoring defense was 2010.  He won the Super Bowl that season. 

Brady has a top 10 defense almost every season.  Give Rodgers what Brady has had as support and he wins just as much (if not more). 

Edited by VanS

6 minutes ago, VanS said:

Last time Aaron Rodgers had a top 10 scoring defense was 2010.  He won the Super Bowl that season. 

Brady has a top 10 defense almost every season.  Give Rodgers what Brady has had as support and he wins just as much (if not more). 

If he’s as good as you say he should be able to hard carry without much. 

1 minute ago, VanS said:

Last time Aaron Rodgers has had a top 10 scoring defense was 2010.  He won the Super Bowl that season. 

Sounds arbitrary to me.

He had the 9th in 2009 and he did not win

He had the 11th in 2012 and he did not win

• The Patriots were 10th at 5 points less over 16 games. 

He had the 12th in 2015 and he did not win

• The Patriots were 10th with 8 less points in 16 games.

He had the 13th in 2014 and he did not win

• The 49ers were 10th at 8 less points over 16 games
  • The Patriots gave up a whole 35 less points over 16 games

The 2011 Patriots were 17th in defensive points and 31st in defensive yards... where did their season end again? Was it in the Super Bowl?

How is this possible since no man could lead a team to a Super Bowl unless his D is ranked 10 or better in points!

• 2006 Colts - 23rd in points and 21st in yards
  • 2012 Ravens - 12th in points 17th in yards.
  • 2007 Giants 17th in points 7th in yards
  • 2011 Giants - 25th in points 27th in yards
  • 2013 Broncos - 22nd in points 19th in yards
  • 2016 Falcons - 27th in points 25th in yards
  • 2018 Rams - 20th in points and 19th in yards

There are 8 during Rodgers career without me even trying all that hard to find them. 

giphy.gif

• Like 5

The Rams have a top 10 scoring offense this season. Before the Niners game they were 6th in scoring offense averaging 29ppg. Its just funny how NOBODY is talking about that except for Shannon Sharpe on Undisputed. All I hear is how terrible the Rams offense is. You would think the Rams offense turned into the Jags last season where they were like 31st in scoring offense averaging 15.3ppg. We do know that in 2017 the Jags was 5th in scoring offense averaging 26.1ppg then fell completely off the map in 2018. Now thats terrible. Is the Rams offense what we have been used to seeing the past two seasons? Nope but they arent terrible. You have to be doing something right being a top 10 offense. The defense just got better with Ramsey because the defense is ranked 24th in points allowed. As much as people want to look at the Niners game, Im looking at the Bucs game and saying you cant score 40pts at home and lose. Ill take my chances saying the Rams arent going to have anymore games this year where they will score 7pts. If they didnt acquire Ramsey, I couldnt say the defense wouldnt have any more games this season where they are allowing an offense to go off. Maybe not for 55pts but 35pts or more. 

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Sounds arbitrary to me.

He had the 9th in 2009 and he did not win

He had the 11th in 2012 and he did not win

• The Patriots were 10th at 5 points less over 16 games. 

He had the 12th in 2015 and he did not win

• The Patriots were 10th with 8 less points in 16 games.

He had the 13th in 2014 and he did not win

• The 49ers were 10th at 8 less points over 16 games
  • The Patriots gave up a whole 35 less points over 16 games

The 2011 Patriots were 17th in defensive points and 31st in defensive yards... where did their season end again? Was it in the Super Bowl?

How is this possible since no man could lead a team to a Super Bowl unless his D is ranked 10 or better in points!

• 2006 Colts - 23rd in points and 21st in yards
  • 2012 Ravens - 12th in points 17th in yards.
  • 2007 Giants 17th in points 7th in yards
  • 2011 Giants - 25th in points 27th in yards
  • 2013 Broncos - 22nd in points 19th in yards
  • 2016 Falcons - 27th in points 25th in yards
  • 2018 Rams - 20th in points and 19th in yards

There are 8 during Rodgers career without me even trying all that hard to find them. 

giphy.gif

2009 was Rodgers second year as a starter.  In Brady's second year he didn't even make it to the playoffs.

2014 was the infamous Seahawks game in the NFC Championship game when Rodgers had the Seahawks down 19-7 with 5 minutes left only to see his special teams cost him that game with the Seahawks famous onside kick recovery.

2012 they lost to the 49ers after Kaepernick ran all over that Packers defense for an NFL record rushing yards by a QB.

If only Rodgers had a chance to score only 13 points to win a Super Bowl as his defense holds a high powered offense like the Rams to 3 points (as happened this previous season in the Super Bowl).

Whether you like it or not Tom Brady has been the beneficiary of more help them Rodgers over the course of his career.  And FYI 6-8 points over the course of a NFL season can mean 1-2 more wins.  Which could mean the difference between homefield during the playoffs or playing on the road.  So please don't downplay how critical those points can be in the NFL.