Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

11 minutes ago, VanS said:

That's an argument over where Tom Brady ranks among current QBs.  Players are human like the rest of us and disagree all the time.

My assertion isn't that Chris Simms opinion is always right.  I simply repeated a story he said.   He said that the Patriots coaches view Tom Brady as being replaceable.  PERIOD.  He wasn't giving his opinion on Brady.  He was simply repeating what he heard while working in New England.

Chris Simms is not a credible source. He is a proven Brady hater and grade A idiot: https://nypost.com/2019/06/26/tom-brady-ranking-sparks-kurt-warner-chris-simms-media-war/

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I've already put my opinions out there. No reason to waste my time. I recommend you do the same on Jones.

Well it looks like your opinion was wrong. Many people argued Goff was a product of a great surrounding cast. Gurley gets injured, the offensive line regresses, and suddenly Goff looks bad (despite having the best receivers in the league). This isn’t a small sample size. This is over the last 14 games, where he’s had more turnovers than touchdowns. It’s pretty arrogant to claim you’re still right at this point. You can’t blame Jeff Fisher or his youth anymore. He’s in his fourth year. Time to start playing up to your salary.

Edited by Gmen
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Well it looks like your opinion was wrong. Many people argued Goff was a product of a great surrounding cast. Gurley gets injured, the offensive line regresses, and suddenly Goff looks bad (despite having the best receivers in the league). This isn’t a small sample size. This is over the last 14 games, where he’s had more turnovers than touchdowns. It’s pretty arrogant to claim you’re still right at this point. You can’t blame Jeff Fisher or his youth anymore. He’s in his fourth year. 

Almost as arrogant as crowning Daniel Jones or vindicating Gettleman at this point B|

Not my argument to engage in, but I couldn't help myself, please continue. 

9 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Almost as arrogant as crowning Daniel Jones or vindicating Gettleman at this point B|

Not my argument to engage in, but I couldn't help myself, please continue. 

At the point Gettleman looks brilliant. But if you want to discuss that, you know what thread to that it in. 

1 hour ago, Elky said:

Chris Simms is not a credible source. He is a proven Brady hater and grade A idiot: https://nypost.com/2019/06/26/tom-brady-ranking-sparks-kurt-warner-chris-simms-media-war/

He has said he considers Tom Brady as one of the 5-10 greatest QBs in NFL history.  He has mentioned many times how ELITE of an arm Brady has and how he doesn't get enough credit for it.  People like to give Brady credit for the mental side of the game.  Simms is one of the few who actually talks about how his physical traits are also elite.  You only say he's a hater because he doesn't say Brady is the GOAT.

I wouldn't call Simms a hater.  He just understands football is a team sport and you can't just give the QB credit for every time his team wins.   He knows that who you have around you and who you have coaching also matters.  And he rates players with those factor in consideration.

21 minutes ago, VanS said:

He has said he considers Tom Brady as one of the 5-10 greatest QBs in NFL history.  He has mentioned many times how ELITE of an arm Brady has and how he doesn't get enough credit for it.  People like to give Brady credit for the mental side of the game.  Simms is one of the few who actually talks about how his physical traits are also elite.  You only say he's a hater because he doesn't say Brady is the GOAT.

I wouldn't call Simms a hater.  He just understands football is a team sport and you can't just give the QB credit for every time his team wins.   He knows that who you have around you and who you have coaching also matters.  And he rates players with those factor in consideration.

Saying Tom Brady is one of the 5-10 greatest QBs in NFL history is being a Brady hater

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VanS said:

Daniel Jones AND Saquon are definitely better than just Sam Darnold.

I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise.

No one ever did.

The argument has, and always will be, was Gettleman right to pass on Darnold for Saquon. The jury is still out at this point, and arguing either way would be subjective. 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

My wife’s second cousin in-law dated a former ex-girlfriend of a past staff member in NE - said Brady takes less so the team can afford more players. 

I just don’t know what to believe now...

If I remember correctly, that poster said last year that the Bengals would make the playoffs and the Raiders would win the AFC West - both ended up in the basement. I think he also said the Packers would have the best record in football and they ended up with 6 wins. Hahahaha. Now here he is claiming that a coaching assistant that was with the Patriots for a single season 7 years ago has some valuable insight into how the team thinks. Just not worth the response. Especially considering it's off-topic (and now I have contributed to that, so I apologize).

22 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

If I remember correctly, that poster said last year that the Bengals would make the playoffs and the Raiders would win the AFC West - both ended up in the basement. I think he also said the Packers would have the best record in football and they ended up with 6 wins. Hahahaha. Now here he is claiming that a coaching assistant that was with the Patriots for a single season 7 years ago has some valuable insight into how the team thinks. Just not worth the response. Especially considering it's off-topic (and now I have contributed to that, so I apologize).

I mean, you win some-you lose some. He does it in the draft forum too: hit on Kamara, whiffed on Dobbs. Only give people but so much gripe for wrong predictions, I get a bunch wrong all the time. 

But the appeal to authority (had to take a second to realize I’m calling Chris Simms an “authority”) here is pretty hilarious. Next he’ll quote successful NFL analyst and respected media member....Rob Parker.

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

Can we lock this up if we are going to have 3 straight pages on some weird Brady/Watson/Chris Simms tangent? I don't think anyone actually believes Goff will or should be benched.

You can’t bench a quarterback after giving him that contract. But he’s been playing bench worthy