Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

1 hour ago, DannyB said:

I thought maybe someone was gonna use today's game as an excuse to be like, "haaa, what a dumb prediction! Seeeee??". Glad to see that's not the case so far. For the record, I don't see Goff getting benched this season, but I don't think today should really change anyone's opinion either way

It was a dumb prediction 5 days ago. It's an equally dumb prediction today. Just wait and see.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

It was a dumb prediction 5 days ago. It's an equally dumb prediction today. Just wait and see.

I mean, yeah maybe. There are always people who want to be on the cutting edge of a take, so they can point back to it and say "look at that, I was saying that years ago!", but they usually end up being wrong.

Goff hasn't looked good at all this year, but if it took Mariota this long to get benched, you've gotta figure Jared has a slightly longer leash to figure his game out.

8 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I mean, yeah maybe. There are always people who want to be on the cutting edge of a take, so they can point back to it and say "look at that, I was saying that years ago!", but they usually end up being wrong.

Goff hasn't looked good at all this year, but if it took Mariota this long to get benched, you've gotta figure Jared has a slightly longer leash to figure his game out.

I'm not criticizing him for taking a stance. I'm saying wait and see on Goff bouncing back. This happens with young QBs. They have underwhelming stretches. Goff will be fine. Unlike Mariota, Goff has put up two great seasons in a row. Mariota hasn't done anything since his impressive rookie year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DannyB said:

One game isn’t enough to change the perspective of whether or not Goff should be benched 

just like 6 games aren’t enough to say he should be benched 

Edited by rocky_rams

11 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

So you’re telling me that he doesn’t suck despite not having a great 6 games this season because his overall body of work is better than just the last 6 games?

I'm telling you that today's game shouldn't change anybody's mind, no matter what they thought 24 hours ago.

Personally, I don't think we're in "Bench Goff" territory yet. In his career, he's had good stretches and bad stretches. I think he's still young and learning, and the jury is still out as far as whether he sucks or not.

Can people put some respect on Goff’s name and game. The dude is now (16-4) since the start of 2017 on the road. And one of those 4 losses was at Seattle Week 5 this season where he literally put the Rams in position to win the game only to watch Zeurlein miss. So like Goff isn’t responsible for that loss and should be (17-3). But nevertheless Goff (16-4) road record is best in the NFL in that span. We know how tough it is to win on the road. To top it off he went to New Orleans in the playoffs and led the Rams to the Superbowl berth. That’s a tough environment and most will say the toughest environment in the NFL is to go to New Orleans in the playoffs. So put some respect behind Goff’s name.

We have seen Stafford put up big stats but can’t lead the Lions to wins especially against winning teams. Maybe I missed it but was anyone making a thread about benching Stafford? Like can’t find it. The game is about winning and that’s what the Rams have done with Goff and for anyone who says Goff isn’t responsible for a lot of those victories then I don’t know what to tell you. If you watch Rams games you would know McVay doesn’t try to hide Goff and win without Goff being a big part. 

• 3 weeks later...