Bold prediction: Jared Goff will be benched!

Elky

1 hour ago, DannyB said:

I wonder if making the postseason has anything to do with a solid roster and -- OH! -- that Watson dude arriving!

O Brien went to the playoffs once with Hoyer, once with Osweiler, and once with that Watson dude.

You’re argument is falling apart in a hurry...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, frenchie said:

O Brien went to the playoffs once with Hoyer, once with Osweiler, and once with that Watson dude.

And for the record, if you actually think Bill O'Brien is a good coach, there's nothing I can do for you. He's completely nutless.

He isn't, like, crime-against-humanity putrid like Freddie Kitchens, but he is NOT good. And this whole argument was about which QB benefits from what, and I said Goff and the Rams benefits from his coach WAY more than Watson/Texans benefits from his.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frenchie said:

...and played in a division where the Jags and Titans were perpetually picking in the top 5, and Andrew Luck had absolutely nothing resembling an OL. Neither of those teams had anything resembling a winning record until 2016, the Texans were gifted four wins every year thanks to Blake Bortles and Marcus Mariota/Matt Hasselbeck/Zach Mettenberger.

Bill O'Brien is a product of a pathetic division. Put him up against actual playoff talent, and you see who he really is - a 1-3 playoff record, with that sole W coming against Connor Cook making his first start as a pro in the playoffs for the Raiders.

I sat by long enough on this one. Bill O'Brien is not a good HC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

...and played in a division where the Jags and Titans were perpetually picking in the top 5, and Andrew Luck had absolutely nothing resembling an OL. Neither of those teams had anything resembling a winning record until 2016, the Texans were gifted four wins every year thanks to Blake Bortles and Marcus Mariota/Matt Hasselbeck.

Bill O'Brien is a product of a pathetic division. Put him up against actual playoff talent, and you see who he really is - a 1-3 playoff record, with that sole W coming against Connor Cook making his first start as a pro in the playoffs vs the Raiders.

I sat by long enough on this one. Bill O'Brien is not a good HC.

I’m shocked you feel that way. Especially, based on your avatar 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I’m shocked you feel that way. Especially, based on your avatar 

Yeah, it's a pretty common feeling in Houston.

We've been counting down when O'Brien will get fired. It probably won't be this year either, simply because Doug Marrone and Mike Vrabel are quite literally... Idiots.

I'm still banking on the Colts managing to win the division, simply because Frank Reich is that much better than O'Brien.

A fair comparison for O'Brien would be Marvin Lewis. He does just enough to sneak into the playoffs, but is assured to lose pretty quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, it's a pretty common feeling in Houston.

We've been counting down when O'Brien will get fired. It probably won't be this year either, simply because Doug Marrone and Mike Vrabel are quite literally... Idiots.

I'm still banking on the Colts managing to win the division, simply because Frank Reich is that much better than O'Brien.

Great QBs are able to mask coaches’ weaknesses .

I bet BOB is Watson’s biggest fan.

I mean Clemson’s coach did say passing on Watson is like passing on MJ. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Isn't this basically the inscription on Mike McCarthy's career? 

To be fair - In McCarthy's first season with the Packers Favre's career was completely revived. I think McCarthy was a great coach in the late 2000's/early 2010's. He just didn't adjust as the game progressed and other coaches adjusted to him. It happens quite often in the NFL. People forget that Jeff Fisher and John Fox nearly won SB's at one point.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 6:59 AM, DannyB said:

*sigh* I am talking about Watson. That's what he did against the Patriots last year. 20 points would've been enough for Goff to win the SB.

Different D to be fair, but I'd fancy Watson to do quite a bit better. I can think of 2 sacks/pressures that Watson would have side-stepped and extended play on. The KVN one where he flies at Jared - Watson sidesteps that and KVN ends up in row 12

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Different D to be fair, but I'd fancy Watson to do quite a bit better. I can think of 2 sacks/pressures that Watson would have side-stepped and extended play on. The KVN one where he flies at Jared - Watson sidesteps that and KVN ends up in row 12

He might but it's the most insane notion to compare regular season performances to postseason.

Watson scored 7 against Indy in the playoffs. I'd bet Goff could have done better in the regular season last year. 

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Watson scored 7 against Indy in the playoffs. I'd bet Goff could have done better in the regular season last year. 

Goff scored 3 against Brady in the SB. I don't have to bet that Watson could have done better - he scored 20 in a 27-20 loss.

4 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

He might but it's the most insane notion to compare regular season performances to postseason

Ultimately - I can agree with this.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Goff scored 3 against Brady in the SB. I don't have to bet that Watson could have done better - he scored 20 in a 27-20 loss.

So because Watson scored 7 against a worse defense at home that is evidence he could score more against the Pats in the playoffs? And that 7 was when the game was already out of hand. Had the Pats been up 21, Rams might have been able to get a meaningless TD. We would have had a meaningless FG if Zuerlein made the 47 yarder.

Edited by LeotheLion