Rank these disappointing QBs

Danger

18 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

People- Josh Allen sucks because completion percentage isn’t 60 percent

*has completion percentage over 60 percent* yeah well he still sucks.

He was dreadful against the Pats. To be expected time to time with his style of play. Not really counting anything last year against him because he had a Rosen level supporting cast around him.

I’ve been impressed with his growth outside of the Pats game where it was clear he was wayyyyy too amped up and not settled down, not too much of an excuse but that shouldn’t happen as he becomes more experience.

Like you people realize he was a rookie with a bottom 3 offensive line last year with his top targets being Robert Foster and Zay Jones right? Wtf did you expect from him.

He got an upgraded supporting cast and has improved across the board. If he continues to play like he did against the Pats then sure, bum, but if he continues to progress like he has in the games outside of the NE game then he will be just fine.

You were impressed with him vs the JEts? THe guy should have thrown 4 INTs and fumbled twice. He was holding them back. Allen is a mediocre QB, he makes stupid throws and is being carried by a really good overall team. Maybe years of having trash QBs makes you think that 5 TD 7 INTs is actually good? But the Bills probably end up looking for a new QB in a few years after realizing they wasted their opportunity with a good team being held down by a bad QB. 

The Bills defense is pretty nasty, their OL has looked great, and they have been running the ball really well. Right now the one weakness with the Bills is their QB, who IMO isn't good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

You were impressed with him vs the JEts? THe guy should have thrown 4 INTs and fumbled twice. He was holding them back. Allen is a mediocre QB, he makes stupid throws and is being carried by a really good overall team. Maybe years of having trash QBs makes you think that 5 TD 7 INTs is actually good? But the Bills probably end up looking for a new QB in a few years after realizing they wasted their opportunity with a good team being held down by a bad QB. 

The Bills defense is pretty nasty, their OL has looked great, and they have been running the ball really well. Right now the one weakness with the Bills is their QB, who IMO isn't good. 

I guess we will see 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’m not saying he’s going to be a top 5 QB, and if we had the chance to get a top top tier QB obviously do it, but he isn’t a bottom 5 QB either. Time will tell.

The disrespect Goff gets is crazy. He's not been at his best this season, but we're still within the top 10 point scorers in the league and that's with a horror showing last week. We average close to 30 points a game this season, that's without a prolific running game, so I think it's harsh. We've also played three of the top eight defences in our first six games. It's also well documented just how bad our OL is on talent, so he's not even getting the same level of protection he has previously. You talk about his career - he was the corner piece of an offense that was the highest scorers in 2017 & third highest in 2018. He's been to two pro-bowls and already taken his team to the superbowl. 

He will be okay. No doubt about it. 

15 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

The disrespect Goff gets is crazy. He's not been at his best this season, but we're still within the top 10 point scorers in the league and that's with a horror showing last week. We average close to 30 points a game this season, that's without a prolific running game, so I think it's harsh. We've also played three of the top eight defences in our first six games. It's also well documented just how bad our OL is on talent, so he's not even getting the same level of protection he has previously. You talk about his career - he was the corner piece of an offense that was the highest scorers in 2017 & third highest in 2018. He's been to two pro-bowls and already taken his team to the superbowl. 

I think its the fact that every time he faces quality competition or a big game he completely wets the bed. And without elite running back play he isn't that good. Hes carried by a great HC and talent around him. There is never a moment when you watch Goff and think "hes great". He never passes the eye test. Its like how Trubisky put up good numbers but people often would call him out cause hes really not that good. 

On 10/17/2019 at 5:26 PM, DerbyRam said:

So when he doesn't have elite protection and an elite running game (which he had both of last year) he turns into statistically one of the worst QBs in the entire league?  Not sure that's a positive for him.

Out of 34 qualified QBs:

20th in YPA, 26th in AY/A, 27th in passer rating, 26th in QBR, 24th in ANY/A, 23rd in TDs, 27th in TD%, 4th most INTs, 7th highest INT%

Not to mention, his coach doesn't even trust him to read the defense himself pre snap. 

He's a mediocre at best QB, who for the past two years was in the most ideal situation a QB could be in.  Now that that's no longer the case, he has been exposed. 

Edited by fortdetroit
  • Like 1

Career: Trubisky. He just hasn't lived up to anything. He was drafted before Mehomes and Watson. That's pretty tough.

This season: Baker. I thought he was going to light it up with the addition of OBJ. Still plenty of time to turn it around though. 

One Game: Baker or Josh Allen. Those are the only two players on that list that can go out and win you a game. Of those two, I'll lean Baker though. 

On 10/16/2019 at 4:49 PM, Duluther said:

Cousins is such a disappointment that he can’t even make a disappointment poll.

Cousins isn't as bad as all but one of the QBs in this thread (Allen).  He is a slightly below average NFL QB who is being paid like he is elite.  I'm sure he is laughing all the way to the bank.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:47 PM, bigbadbuff said:

I guess we will see 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’m not saying he’s going to be a top 5 QB, and if we had the chance to get a top top tier QB obviously do it, but he isn’t a bottom 5 QB either. Time will tell.

This.

14 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Career: Trubisky. He just hasn't lived up to anything. He was drafted before Mehomes and Watson. That's pretty tough.

This season: Baker. I thought he was going to light it up with the addition of OBJ. Still plenty of time to turn it around though. 

One Game: Baker or Josh Allen. Those are the only two players on that list that can go out and win you a game. Of those two, I'll lean Baker though. 

You have to wonder what the Bears' brass saw in Trubisky to give up so much to move up, what, 2/3 places to get him? 

This is Exhibit A on what teams without a QB will do for a player who might be better than average.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:43 PM, NYJets4716 said:

I think its the fact that every time he faces quality competition or a big game he completely wets the bed. And without elite running back play he isn't that good. Hes carried by a great HC and talent around him. There is never a moment when you watch Goff and think "hes great". He never passes the eye test. Its like how Trubisky put up good numbers but people often would call him out cause hes really not that good. 

September 27, 2018

November 19, 2018

January 20, 2019

Edited by HoboRocket

Biggest Disappointments:

1. Marcus Mariota (as a 15-year-old Oregon fan when he was drafted, I thought he'd take the Titans to the Super Bowl)

2. Jameis Winston (he's always had the talent, but he's never put it together. Tell me that's not mind-numbingly frustrating)

3. I guess Mitchell Trubisky? Didn't like him as the top QB, but I thought he could be a really fun QB with a creative OC, given his athleticism and ability to throw on the run, which was his best trait in college IMO.

6-tie: Jared Goff has had an ideal supporting cast, yes. He's also shown up in some big games. Has he lost others? Heck yeah! Has he looked lost at times? Yup. But he's also had 2 Pro Bowls and a Super Bowl appearance. He's also just - what? 24 years old? And you guys are surprised that a young QB is somewhat inconsistent? Ever heard of Drew Brees? Phillip Rivers?

Baker Mayfield had one of the best rookie seasons in league history and the best Browns season that I can remember. Last year was all about overcoming. And he did. Yes, they still finished with a losing record, but it was a dramatic turnaround from the Hue Jackson era. He has the it factor. He has the intensity that you want. He may not be a nice guy a la Dak Prescott or Josh Allen, but he's a baller. And let's face it: Baker and Josh Allen aren't even half-a-season removed from their rookie seasons.

Josh Allen isn't really a disappointment to me. First of all, I knew he'd be a project coming from a sucky football program, having no pedigree in high school. He's capable of taking over any game with his physical traits. I know that he's still very raw, but I also think he's kind of handicapped by the division he plays in. I mean, if he has a good divisional game, people will say it's because the strength of competition sucks. Except for against the Patriots, where he never really had a chance last year with the worst supporting cast in the NFL. At least Rosen had Larry Legend, Kirk who's a good receiver for most of the year, David Johnson, and Ricky Seals-Jones. Maybe most of those guys aren't stars, but they're not really scrubs, either. Allen's OL was just as bad with a worse skill position group. Anyways, this guy's ceiling is as high as anyone's. Right now, he's a more-athletic Jameis Winston with great intangibles. 

If I had to pick one to win a game, with an even supporting cast, I guess it depends on the supporting cast. If I just need a game manager, I trust Marcus Mariota to limit mistakes more than anybody else in that group. I really like Josh Allen's scrambling ability, and he can create fun match-ups in so many ways with his legs and Ben/Cam-type physique and movement ability, but he can also throw some of the prettiest rainbows that you'll ever see, and he has a fire hose for a right arm. I like Baker or Jared's ability to work within a game plan, because neither really have any limitations to their game when the structure is there.

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 2:11 PM, NYJets4716 said:

DARNOLD

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 11:05 AM, Danger said:

Marcus Mariota
Jameis Winston
Jared Goff
Mitch Trubisky
Baker Mayfield
Josh Allen

Rank them both in order of biggest disappointments and who you'd pick to win one game in a vacuum (give everything around them being equal).

I mean Goff has led his team to a Super Bowl and had a pro bowl season, hes definitely the least disappointing of the bunch.  Not to mention everyone (or at least mission) thought Wentz was way better so in that respect hes exceeded expectations by arguably doing more.