Rank these disappointing QBs

Danger

Biggest Disappointments

1. Mariota-He's terrible

2. Winston-Had high expectations for him. Good Jameis/Bad Jameis is too unpredictable

3. Mayfield-He's been pure trash this season

4. Goff-His RB isn't a superstar anymore and he immediately falls off...hmmm

5. Trubisky-I don't think anyone expected him to be better than anyone above him

6. Allen-Who thought he'd be good? He's honestly exceeded my expectations

Who I pick to win me a game

1. Goff-He's the best of the bunch right now but fading fast

2. Allen-He's not good but he's a winner

3. Mayfield-I think he still has big game ability

4. Winston-You know he can dominate against anyone but he's also just as likely (if not more so) to blow an easy one

5. Mariota-He's been ruined

6. Trubisky-Take away the Bears D and see how long he lasts in the NFL

• Like 1

Aside from Baker Mayfield and some degree Josh Allen, they weren't really disappointments to me cuz I never believed in any of them. There was a stretch at the start of last season for Goff where I felt wrong but in general I think he has proven to be what I thought, and that is a pretty average QB.

So in terms of draft pedigree I guess, I'd rank them off their hype and disappointment as:

1. Baker Mayfield

2. Marcus Mariota

3. Jameis Winston

4. Mitch Trubisky

5. Jared Goff

6. Josh Allen

The bigger the expectations the bigger the diaappointment. For one game tomorrow to win, I'd take in order: Mariota/Goff/Mayfield/Allen/Winston/Trubisky.

Biggest Disappointment:

1. Jared Goff - Easily #1 for me.  I don't think it's all on him and I think he is still gonna turn out to be a good/great QB, but his performances over his last 13-16 games have been strange.  I don't know if defenses have simply figured out McVay's scheme (which is kind of what I'm leaning towards - I think people were too quick to hail him as an offensive mastermind) or if he's simply having a rough go of things, but he hasn't been getting the job done.  

2. Baker Mayfield - I'm not really surprised he hasn't lived up to the hype, but he's #2 by default because nobody else on that list I expected to be that good anyway.  I don't think this falls on Mayfield though.  Kitchens did not deserve to be made head coach and it was a foolish decision by the Browns and the reason why I was skeptical they were going to perform up to their level of talent.  Not to mention the offensive line stinks.  

3. Jameis Winston - Arians/Winston was a poor fit to begin with.  More-so disappointed he's still making the same mistakes he made as a rookie, but it isn't surprising.

4a/b/c. Mariota/Trubisky/Allen - Nothing overly disappointing or surprising about their performances.  

If I needed to win one game:

1. Jared Goff - Until proven otherwise, he's easily the best QB on this list.

2. Baker Mayfield

3. Marcus Mariota - At this point, it comes down to who is the least likely to screw up the game for me.  Mariota tops this list.

4. Jameis Winston?

5. Mitchell Trubisky - Tempted to put Trubisky over Winston, but Trubisky hasn't really shown he can have big games other than when he ripped the sorry Bucs pass defense up.  Winston might cost me the game in a big way, but at least I know he's capable of a 3-4 TD performance too.

6. Josh Allen

Can't speak for all Bills fans but im not disappointed in Allen really at all. In fact I'm more happy from the growth I've seen from him from the draft to now. 

He's truly only played 1 NFL season and will need to cut down on the knuckle head plays but the Bills offense currently ranks : 

• 5th in AFC in total YPG (11th in NFL)
  • 5th in AFC in 1st downs per game (9th in NFL)
  • 3rd in AFC in time of possession (6th in NFL)

He leads the NFL in 4th Q wins (3) so he's got the clutch gene. Top 10 in most TD drives over 60 yards. 

Our PPG would be alot higher if not for some dumb fumbles or balls he should've thrown away. 

2018 Completion % = 52.8%

2019 Completion % = 62.6%

He should only improve the more and more starts he has, as he was seen as the biggest "project" when drafted. 

• Like 4

Winston and Mariota are disappointments to me in the grand scheme of things, I thought they would be franchise QBs, but they obviously are not, and that has been apparent since last year... so I expected little from them heading into 2019.

Biggest disappointments in 2019

1. Goff
  2. Baker
  3. Allen
  4. Mitch
  5. Mariota
  6. Winston

(pretty low expectations to begin with)

While not too high on either Mitch or Allen heading into 2019 (Allen I think can be a good QB, but clearly a multiyear project), they really failed to improve on their prior seasons.

Biggest disappointments overall

1. Winston
  2. Mariota
  3. Mitch 
  4. Allen
  5. Baker
  6. Goff

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:05 AM, Danger said:

Marcus Mariota
Jameis Winston
Jared Goff
Mitch Trubisky
Baker Mayfield
Josh Allen

Rank them both in order of biggest disappointments and who you'd pick to win one game in a vacuum (give everything around them being equal).

The only disappointments on this list are Mariota and Winston....

Trubisky is 14-4 in his last 18 starts; 30 TDs, 14 INTs

Allen and Mayfield are literally a quarter of the way into year 2;  Allen doesn't even have a full season's worth of starts yet, and Mayfield was fantastic last year...  How about we wait a couple more years before we send them to the XFL???

Goff, gee, what a disappointment... Super Bowl appearance and 2 pro bowls in his first 3 seasons.  They should probably just cut him...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, frenchie said:

The only disappointments on this list are Mariota and Winston....

Trubisky is 14-4 in his last 18 starts; 30 TDs, 14 INTs

Allen and Mayfield are literally a quarter of the way into year 2;  Allen doesn't even have a full season's worth of starts yet, and Mayfield was fantastic last year...  How about we wait a couple more years before we send them to the XFL???

Goff, gee, what a disappointment... Super Bowl appearance and 2 pro bowls in his first 3 seasons.  They should probably just cut him...

Good point, Baker + Allen have barely had a full season. All the other guys are 3+ year veterans. 

People- Josh Allen sucks because completion percentage isn’t 60 percent

*has completion percentage over 60 percent* yeah well he still sucks.

He was dreadful against the Pats. To be expected time to time with his style of play. Not really counting anything last year against him because he had a Rosen level supporting cast around him.

I’ve been impressed with his growth outside of the Pats game where it was clear he was wayyyyy too amped up and not settled down, not too much of an excuse but that shouldn’t happen as he becomes more experience.

Like you people realize he was a rookie with a bottom 3 offensive line last year with his top targets being Robert Foster and Zay Jones right? Wtf did you expect from him.

He got an upgraded supporting cast and has improved across the board. If he continues to play like he did against the Pats then sure, bum, but if he continues to progress like he has in the games outside of the NE game then he will be just fine.

• Like 2