Arthur Smith

titans0021

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it's truly incredible how thoroughly he's managed to destroy every aspect of our offense. even lafleur could figure out how to hand it off to henry properly

It’s the craziest thing to me. Leave Marcus completely out of it. He’s managed to build an offense that does nothing well. Literally nothing. We replaced Tajae and Taywan with AJ and Humphries. Got Delanie back. Replaced Spain with Saffold. Every other starter is back. And the run game is worse. The passing game is worse. 3 and out percentage higher. We’re committing significantly more penalties. If it wasn’t so sad, it’d be amazing.

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s the craziest thing to me. Leave Marcus completely out of it. He’s managed to build an offense that does nothing well. Literally nothing. We replaced Tajae and Taywan with AJ and Humphries. Got Delanie back. Replaced Spain with Saffold. Every other starter is back. And the run game is worse. The passing game is worse. 3 and out percentage higher. We’re committing significantly more penalties. If it wasn’t so sad, it’d be amazing.

yeah, i’m not sure there’s a single OC doing less with more.

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, that's a big problem.

He managed to make everyone worst at what they do. 
Marcus looked the worst he has ever looked.
Henry actually hasn't been terrible, but ineffective in the run game.
Lewis looks like he fell off the cliff.
All our blockers look like they are moving in mud.
Our WRs seem to not understand spacing or how to run routes without being on top of each other.

I don't think I've ever called for someone to be fired so soon. 

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

it's truly incredible how thoroughly he's managed to destroy every aspect of our offense. even lafleur could figure out how to hand it off to henry properly

LaFleur is the HC of a team that is sitting 5-1 currently, and we're still trash talking him. He was 5x the OC that people in here made him to be, and 10x the OC Smith turned out to be. If the rest of the league shared some of your views on him, I'm 100 percent sure we're a serious playoff contender again and it still looks like we don't need a QB switch.

6 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

LaFleur is the HC of a team that is sitting 5-1 currently, and we're still trash talking him. He was 5x the OC that people in here made him to be, and 10x the OC Smith turned out to be. If the rest of the league shared some of your views on him, I'm 100 percent sure we're a serious playoff contender again and it still looks like we don't need a QB switch.

he’s got aaron rodgers and an elite defense lol. also plenty of coordinators are better head coaches than they are playcallers. lafleur’s situational playcalling was indisputably bad last year.

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

he’s got aaron rodgers and an elite defense lol. also plenty of coordinators are better head coaches than they are playcallers. lafleur’s situational playcalling was indisputably bad last year.

If you mean that as Rodgers being a massive upgrade over Mariota, we obviously agree. Otherwise, other playcallers have had Rodgers and it hasn't always spelled success. If you mean to tell me that the guy who people in here claimed that hasn't been able to handle the move from QB coach/not-playcaller OC to actual OC is now better suited for an even much, much bigger role, I don't buy it because it's not consistent with the perception you guys held and apparently continue to hold of him. Defense being elite is questionable, though they are certainly much better than in the past years. Him being bad last year is not. It's just a wrong statement.

The saddest thing about this whole deal is that we're pretty much stuck in this situation with the offense until the offseason. The only logical change we could make on the Smith front is replacing him with Todd Downing, because he's the only guy on the offensive staff with prior playcalling experience. If our offense continues on the current trajectory I wouldn't hesitate to make that change after our game on Sunday if Vrabel is really serious about trying to fix things and ultimately try to save his own job. Because this current situation if it keeps up is going to get everybody fired not just Arthur.

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Work in progress feels super generous for Art.

lol i saw that tweet and thought the exact same thing. how is "the run game doesn't make sense and the pass game makes even less sense" a work in progress lmao

• Like 1

tbh i know people get bad vibes from jay gruden but i think he'd be a really good fit for us. he's an established playcaller, would be much more capable of building an offensive staff than the guys we've hired, and would provide that veteran presence and experience that we badly need on offense to help vrabel out. almost a pees type guy for the offense (though less established). he's somewhat less likely to get poached away quickly, having had a HC shot already. i'm sure someone will give him a 2nd HC chance if he really balls out here, but as i mentioned before, i think he's much more capable of building a staff where we can promote someone from within who will actually be ready for the role in that event.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

lol i saw that tweet and thought the exact same thing. how is "the run game doesn't make sense and the pass game makes even less sense" a work in progress lmao

Yup. To sum up the thread, Tannehill played great, CD and AJ could be special, line was better, Henry popped on film. All of that in order to score 23 points on 2.5 points per possession against a 2-5 team. That seems less than ideal.