Steelers DL Stephon Tuitt tears pec; out for year

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Was having a great year...this year is lost anyhow though.

Should be fine for offseason workouts.

Would it be fair to say that he's been your best defensive player this year? Every time I've watched the Steelers this year Tuitt has been the one who stood out the most.

Regardless, tough loss. But this is pretty much a lost year for the Steelers anyway.

43 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Would it be fair to say that he's been your best defensive player this year? Every time I've watched the Steelers this year Tuitt has been the one who stood out the most.

Regardless, tough loss. But this is pretty much a lost year for the Steelers anyway.

I’d say either him, Steven Nelson or Minkak Fitzpatrick.

Tuitt was literally Hulksmashing at points this year...damn shame 

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Wonder how the Steelers FO will overreact to this one.

they have depth on the DL. Its a major loss but they should be ok.

51 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Would it be fair to say that he's been your best defensive player this year?

I thought so, he was a controlling whoever he went up against.  Bush probably has taken over since he was allowed to play.  This kid is legit.  Heyward is quietly having a solid season too, consistent pressure inside. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

he gets dominant at times, like nobody will stop him, a bit scary actually. Too bad he got hurt, he has had injuries set him back before and rebounded. 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

That's a big problem for PIT's run/pass rush - he was playing at top 5 interior DL lineman level the 2 games I saw him play this year.   

this will be Hargraves chance , and he will be playing for a new deal so I expect him to be a disruptive player.  Starting  HOF QB and best defender gone for the year and it's only week 6.  Other teams have injuries, it's part of the game and this is  where coaching and roster depth start to influence the team. 

Just now, pnies20 said:

They looked alright without him last night. 

He was an absolute monster, though.

it's good that others around the league have noticed this. He has been a solid player for a few years when healthy,  but never seemed to get the recognition I thought he deserved.  NO foolish celebrations with Tuitt either, he lines up and plays like a player form way back. 

6 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I’d say either him, Steven Nelson or Minkak Fitzpatrick.

Minkah?  Really?   Not even top 5 for me.

He hasnt been terrible, but his game is sloppy.     He misses at least one tackle a game and he has taken some horrible angles on numerous plays.

Talent is there, but he needs more coaching.   Right now, Tuitt, Nelson, Watt, Cam and Hargrave are above him for me.   Probably tied for 6th with Devin Bush....both of whom need to start tackling better.   Cam Sutton needs more playing time too.   Probably our best coverage DB.   

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 1