Trent Williams anyone???

buno67

5 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Fine with it costing Njoku. He has been a letdown. He might come good in time but if we have to give him to get elite LT play, so be it.

I mean yeah, TEs just take too long to develop into 1st round level picks regardless of how refined they were in college. Given how well Ricky Seals-Jones has looked and the possibility of Njokus option not being picked up--it makes it very easy to trade him especially considering that Jordan Reed is out for the year again and they need to build with young weapons for Haskins. It really does make sense for both sides and the Browns can draft a mid-round TE next year to develop just like Njoku was.

UPDATE: The Redskins also just placed their TE Jerome Cunningham on IR with Jordan Reed. 

yeah, Im very confident it might be a Trent Williams for Njoku swap.

Edited by AkronsWitness

I'll pass on Trent Williams depending on the price 31 year will be 32 by season's end who needs a new contract and will cost at least a 1st round pick PLUS more. With health concerns maybe has about 4 years left of play max with 2 years left at a high level.

The guy had brain and skull surgery and might not be cleared to even put on a helmet and make repeated helmet contact.

If Trent Williams was healthy I might consider it, but the cost is likely to be too prohibitive.

To be clear though, Trent Williams is the best Tackle in football when healthy. If doctors clear him, and he doesn't have future tumor concerns as have been rumored a first round pick for him would be a potential "just right" cost.

It's risky. Oddly enough I think Greg Robinson has been our 3rd worse lineman with Chris Hubbard and Eric Kush holding that position most of the time.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

I'll pass on Trent Williams depending on the price 30 year old about to be 31 who needs a new contract and will cost at least a 1st round pick PLUS more.

The guy had brain and skull surgery and might not be cleared to even put on a helmet and make repeated helmet contact.

If Trent Williams was healthy I might consider it, but the cost is likely to be too prohibitive.

To be clear though, Trent Williams is the best Tackle in football when healthy. If doctors clear him, and he doesn't have future tumor concerns as have been rumored a first round pick for him would be a potential "just right" cost.

It's risky. Oddly enough I think Greg Robinson has been our 3rd worse lineman with Chris Hubbard and Eric Kush holding that position most of the time.

Considering your franchise QB is getting annihilated on a weekly basis off the edge because the Browns currently employ a stack of library books at LT and a used Razor scooter at RT-----its a risk they have to take not only for the development the rest of this season but into the next. 

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Considering your franchise QB is getting annihilated on a weekly basis off the edge because the Browns currently employ a stack of library books at LT and a used Razor scooter at RT-----its a risk they have to take not only for the development the rest of this season but into the next. 

The question is can we get something good for lesser.

A 1st round pick for maybe 2 years of play from an elite LT is enticing for sure, but it's costly.

I'd wonder if we could instead part with a 3rd round pick or even a 2nd round pick for a lesser talent than WIlliams. I honestly don't know what's available right now.

Add to it all we'd have to make Trent Williams the highest paid tackle in football at season's end while we'd still have a hole at RT and RG potentially if Teller can't get it done over there or Drew Forbes doesn't come back as the guy.

I wouldn't hate the move but the reality is Trent Williams hasn't played football for almost a year. We'd have to trust a lot of sources and doctors. OLineman that sit out that long without being at team facilities aren't often in good shape at all.

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

A 1st round pick for maybe 2 years of play from an elite LT is enticing for sure, but it's costly.

I'd wonder if we could instead part with a 3rd round pick or even a 2nd round pick for a lesser talent than WIlliams. I honestly don't know what's available right now.

Add to it all we'd have to make Trent Williams the highest paid tackle in football at season's end while we'd still have a hole at RT and RG potentially if Teller can't get it done over there or Drew Forbes doesn't come back as the guy.

I wouldn't hate the move but the reality is Trent Williams hasn't played football for almost a year. We'd have to trust a lot of sources and doctors. OLineman that sit out that long without being at team facilities aren't often in good shape at all.

All true but anything would be better than Robinson at this point 

• Like 1

Hubbard and Kush have been more problematic than Greg Robinson imo.

Kush routinely gets knocked back into Baker's lap and inside pressure hurts QBs and Baker more than when Robinson gets beat out wide.

Would be interesting to walk out of the bye week with: LT Trent Williams; LG Joel Bitonio; C JC Tretter; RG Wyatt Teller; RT ?? Greg Robinson/Chris Hubbard

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Well, that's the problem. I don't think there is any halfway decent LT on the market. Williams seems like the only one who might be available... and Washington's FO seems adamant on keeping him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Hubbard and Kush have been more problematic than Greg Robinson.

Would be interesting to walk out of the bye week with: LT Trent Williams; LG Joel Bitonio; C JC Tretter; RG Wyatt Teller; RT Greg Robinson/Chris Hubbard

Hubbard? Sure. Not sure I'd agree about Kush though. He's certainly below average but he's actually not as bad as I thought he might be.

And honestly I'd rather give McCray a shot at RT. I thought he looked better than Hubbard when Hubbard was out.

• Like 1