Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

2024 4* TX QB Mabrey Mettauer is committing on Xmas Eve. He was crystal balled today to Wisconsin and UNC fans chiming in on Twitter are saying they know he's going to follow Longo to Wisconsin. The 247 writer that CB'd him is 9/9 all-time in his CBs so that's a great sign.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

2024 4* TX QB Mabrey Mettauer is committing on Xmas Eve. He was crystal balled today to Wisconsin and UNC fans chiming in on Twitter are saying they know he's going to follow Longo to Wisconsin. The 247 writer that CB'd him is 9/9 all-time in his CBs so that's a great sign.

Trevor Lawrence clone. No really, tell me he's not cloned from Trevor Lawrence.

58 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Jon McNamara and Nick Harris from Rivals both also CB'd him to Wisconsin today.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The #1 target of this class has to be Corey Smith from CMH. Best back I've seen in this state since MGIII at Bradford. Fills out a little more and that's a Jamaal Charles clone. Nate White is nice, but he's not even close.

I mean, yeah. Smith is a top national prospect while White was the top guy in a weak state year. Need to keep him and Harbour in-state.

It's kind of insane how drastically the direction of the program has changed since Thanksgiving. Also, not going to toot my own horn since everyone that told me not to expect more came from a place of reason that even I agreed with but just refused to accept. But good ******* lord am I beyond thrilled for the 2023 season. We're going to enter as the favorites to win the B1G West for a reason and, with the schedule we have, we should be. If we do indeed land Mettauer on Saturday, it's probably the biggest week of recruiting we've ever really had. Yeah, we've gotten 4* and 5* but how often are they QBs and DBs? If they start recruiting top talent at WR and TE? Yeah, I won't ever need a prescription for the little blue pills in my lifetime.

Yeah, the Ohio State job will always hang over the Fickell hire but I don't give a ****. Why? Because if Fick builds what we think he can, the job will be desired on a national level that it wasn't at before. I give so much credit to Mac Daddy for making this program in his imagine and straying from the Alvarez era that everyone was so afraid to get away from. Yeah. If we add Corey Smith to this offense in 2024, woo boy.

the-big-short-jacked.gif

If the sentence structure isn't great, I do not apologize. I've had some adult beverages and I'm just overly enthused to talk Bucky these days.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 5:42 PM, beekay414 said:

Pretty close except his head is more symmetrical than Lawrence's lol 

Holy cow he really is a clone. 

These last few weeks really have been encouraging. We will see how it translates onto the field, but it’s hard to think it won’t be better.

• Like 1