Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

lol apparently Chase Wolf is getting 1st team reps ahead of the bowl game. Looks like Jimmy's just gonna let the upperclassmen play rather than doing what's best for the future of the program and giving Burkett reps. He's too close to the PC regime, man, and I'm glad we didn't hire him.

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol apparently Chase Wolf is getting 1st team reps ahead of the bowl game. Looks like Jimmy's just gonna let the upperclassmen play rather than doing what's best for the future of the program and giving Burkett reps. He's too close to the PC regime, man, and I'm glad we didn't hire him.

Why are we letting a guy with no future with the program coach our team? Love Jim but Graham Mertz isn't going to be the QB, Herbig won't be out there at LB, why is Jim going to coach? 

If he was the HC long-term, I'm sure we'd see Burkett, but for a one and done gig, he's just going to do right by the players he's been with the longest.

He should've been given a round of applause and told to start looking for the next job.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why are we letting a guy with no future with the program coach our team? Love Jim but Graham Mertz isn't going to be the QB, Herbig won't be out there at LB, why is Jim going to coach? 

If he was the HC long-term, I'm sure we'd see Burkett, but for a one and done gig, he's just going to do right by the players he's been with the longest.

He should've been given a round of applause and told to start looking for the next job.

100%

This is just Fickell being the dude he is and trying to help appease that part of the fanbase and boosters that wanted Jim. Otherwise, as you said, it makes no sense whatsoever.

If we see Tyler Beach over the likes of seeing what we've got in Nolan Rucci as well, then it's just as you said.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

100%

This is just Fickell being the dude he is and trying to help appease that part of the fanbase and boosters that wanted Jim. Otherwise, as you said, it makes no sense whatsoever.

If we see Tyler Beach over the likes of seeing what we've got in Nolan Rucci as well, then it's just as you said.

Is Nelson out?

How do we get Mahlman, Nelson and Rucci on the field next year? It'd have to be Nelson to LG I feel, not sure he'd be a fan of that. A Rucci-Nelson-Renfro-Wedig/Brunner-Mahlman OL next year would be amazing though.

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Is Nelson out?

How do we get Mahlman, Nelson and Rucci on the field next year? It'd have to be Nelson to LG I feel, not sure he'd be a fan of that. A Rucci-Nelson-Renfro-Wedig/Brunner-Mahlman OL next year would be amazing though.

Nelson absolutely needs a move inside. He's not a tackle. 

On 12/26/2022 at 4:17 PM, beekay414 said:

Gotta feeling that we're gonna see quite a few kids enter the portal officially or just not come back for that Covid year.

part of me wants to just move off a fair number of players brought in and played extensively from the prior coaching staff.  start fresh, new culture, new players, new energy

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

This is college, you don't "move off" anyone unless they want to leave. They're students. 

move off is not the correct phrase for what I am trying to express.   

if a player wants to leave, not a big deal as I would rather have players that the incoming staff want to be here 

• Like 1