Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

39 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So 3 different confirmations. Looks like there's your 2023 QB.

DUDE

Also we played dirty on this one. Not even hiding it. We're back.

7 minutes ago, pf9 said:

If Wisconsin makes it to the Citrus Bowl next year it would be fitting because it's now sponsored by Cheez-It, and Wisconsin is well-known for its cheese.

obama_170156-520x320.jpg?quality=75&stri

• Like 1

That's a nice get for sure, don't quite think he's on the level of 2021 Armstrong, but yes definitely far superior to 2022 Armstrong. Obviously with 1 year left he's coming here to start. Good bridge to Evers.

Saw Memphis' TE entered the portal, watched him play once this year and came away super impressed. That's the missing piece to this offense IMO, a guy like that.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

That's a nice get for sure, don't quite think he's on the level of 2021 Armstrong, but yes definitely far superior to 2022 Armstrong. Obviously with 1 year left he's coming here to start. Good bridge to Evers.

I think that's splittin' hairs. Mordecai was never really asked to run in the SMU offense but when he did, he showed that dual threat ability. I think they're pretty evenly rated overall and Armstrong is apparently leaning NC State so Mordecai made too much sense. Also, 2021 was Mordecai's first year as a full time starter. He posted 3628, 8.0, 39, 12 in 454 attempts and 74/202/2.7/2 rushing. Armstrong went 4449, 8.9, 31, 10 in 500 attempts and 98/251/2.6/9.

LIS, splitting hairs IMO. Win regardless.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I would be offended, but we just landed a near five star QB and have a five star QB already committed for 2024. So meh, I guess I can deal with Mertz for a year, if the true freshman doesn't beat him out.

It's not an insult, having players transfer to better programs is an indicator we're recruiting differently. A combination of a new staff and new B1G media money all hitting at the same time means our capacity as a program is wildly different than it was, but historically we've never gone all out in the recruiting side.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Think a TE opens up the offense more than another WR. Dike, Bell, Allen and Lewis is pretty solid. Not that I wouldn't take Teslaa.

Not sure how much Longo's offense really uses TEs though but I'm all for addressing that position. Though I think that JT Seagraves is going to take the job by the balls next season. 

I just want TeSlaa because Dike, Bell, Allen and Lewis are all pretty much exactly the same style of WR. Lewis, for me, is a non-factor. He was pretty awful this year when it came to drops or making plays. I think he'll end up getting processed by the new staff sooner than later. I just want a balance at WR. TeSlaa is an ideal outside WR with his size, speed and hands. He's not a burner but he's fast for his size.