Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I really didn't know what to expect from our offense this year. I thought it would, at the very least, be more fun to watch the transition away from our old bland offense to whatever it turned out to be. I was wrong. 

I kinda figured the offense wasn't gonna change much right away.  Tonight it didn't help to lose Allen and so many dropped passes.  I too hope the offense will be better and more fun next year and beyond when our new HC can recruit players who will be a better fit for what he wants to implement.

Went to the game, best a UW secondary has looked in a long time. They were physical with every receiver, came to play.

Never liked the 3-3-5 for run fits and that showed up today. Though OSU ran a ton of misdirection at us.

Offensively I thought we were about as good as we couldve been. Line held up pretty well, we may have actually won that game with Mordecai and Allen, without them there was no chance.

Now for my hot take, when it comes to game management, Fickell is PC in a black vest. No balls at all, completely conservative, coaching entirely not to lose. That came was in reach for most of the night, but Fickell coached it to hang around and have a close score, not to win it.

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Went to the game, best a UW secondary has looked in a long time. They were physical with every receiver, came to play.

Never liked the 3-3-5 for run fits and that showed up today. Though OSU ran a ton of misdirection at us.

Offensively I thought we were about as good as we couldve been. Line held up pretty well, we may have actually won that game with Mordecai and Allen, without them there was no chance.

Now for my hot take, when it comes to game management, Fickell is PC in a black vest. No balls at all, completely conservative, coaching entirely not to lose. That came was in reach for most of the night, but Fickell coached it to hang around and have a close score, not to win it.

Isn't Fickell a defensive minded HC?  I thought the D looked fairly good at times tonight.  You are right, without Mordecai and Allen we were screwed but I didn't think we would have had a chance if they were in there or not.

10 hours ago, Pugger said:

Isn't Fickell a defensive minded HC?  I thought the D looked fairly good at times tonight.  You are right, without Mordecai and Allen we were screwed but I didn't think we would have had a chance if they were in there or not.

Fickell doesn't call plays for either side, but he makes all the calls regarding 4th downs, and he chose the conservative option every single time.