Texans acquire Gareon Conley

BayRaider

To be honest I don't know anything about this guy and my initial reaction was like, who? But at this juncture beggars can't be choosers. Our secondary is depleted and with upstarts like Lonnie Johnson still learning on the fly and no consistent production from that entire core, I'll gladly take anything short of a Petey Faggins type of player. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Don't agree with his last part about robbing the Texans but this shows how bad he has been this year...

Without knowing any of these kind of statistics it felt like he’d had a terrible season, and those just prove it.

In his defense, the Raiders pass rush is non-existent, which makes the job of those in the secondary much tougher. So in that regard maybe the Texans will be able to get more from him. I do think he’s a better player than those numbers, but absolutely no complaints about shipping him for a 3rd at this point.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Wooooooof

Four tackles, one sack and an INT for Clowney this season. Not a single Texans' fan is surprised...

We fans may have a certain value assigned to Jadevion, but the league really didn't believe in that value...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Great value pick up for the Texans, played well previous to this season. Texans took a flyer on him and are betting on him playing like he did previous to last year

The end of last year, he wasn’t good all year. The Texans are banking on about 6 weeks of good film. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Geezy said:

The end of last year, he wasn’t good all year. The Texans are banking on about 6 weeks of good film. 

Which would still be an improvement over Jonathan Joseph or Phillip Gaines, who were logging in significant snaps at boundary CB.

The Texans have allowed 94 plays of 10 or more yards, which is worst in the NFL. They are 24th in passing yards allowed and 22nd in defensive RZ efficiency, and those numbers were getting worse with Bradley Roby out for a month. People talk about Philly's CB issues, but Houston is right up there in regards to bad CB play tanking a season so far.

Simply put, the guys in the building aren't getting the job done, even when healthy - and with limited assets in house, the Texans had to look high risk/high reward to solve this. There's a ton of risk, sure. But if he can look anything like that guy who showed up in those six weeks, then it's a huge get for the Texans this season.

20 hours ago, Xenos said:

What's wrong with him? Injuries? Inconsistencies? Gruden being Gruden?

He is a man to man and Guenther likes his zone D. Conley can be decent/good sometimes in man. Awful in zone. thats why. I wont regret him as he is burned all the time. I dont know whick system Texans play, hope for them it is not zone..

9 hours ago, Jaytrajik said:

To be honest I don't know anything about this guy and my initial reaction was like, who? But at this juncture beggars can't be choosers. Our secondary is depleted and with upstarts like Lonnie Johnson still learning on the fly and no consistent production from that entire core, I'll gladly take anything short of a Petey Faggins type of player. 

It will be fun to throw at him sunday and burn him (like he was all season so far). Love that trade just before to play you. :)

If he can improve his play and play like Eli Apple has for the Saints since they traded a 4th rounder for him last year the Texans will be pleased. Only problem is the Texans don't have a Marshon Lattimore taking the #1 assignment on the other side.

Need him to tread water till Roby is back and hopefully they can be less awful. Got to hope he isn't allergic to tackling as there will be plenty of free WR's/TE's.

Still think the Texans will regret not having some cheaper young talent under franchise control when it's time to pay Watson. They don't have a first till what? 2022?