Week #8 MNF GameThread Steelers 2-4 vs. Dolphins 0-6

Steeler Hitman

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Seriously, the Dolphins have no business keeping this within 30.

Also, Ben isnt that good anymore. I'd be more worried if he were playing, in some ways anyway 

We have plenty of talent and the dolphins do not. It's probably a comment I've made before, this game, but it's a 100% true statement when it comes to this game.

First off, I wasnt saying it was a comment YOU made.   But people have made the "Tomlin should be fired if we lose" comment numerous times.

Secondly, while there are certainly arguments to be made about firing Tomlin, losing any game with our backup QB isnt out of the question.  

Third, we may have talent, but the talent gap isn't as wide as you seem to think it is.  This isnt college football...and even in college, teams with alot more talent lose to less talented teams every week.

Bottom line, we shouldn't lose this game, but if we do... It won't even be top five in worst losses relating to games we should have won. Even if Ben isn't as good as he once was, he absolutely gives us the best chance to win on a week-to-week basis. Saying otherwise is silly.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, wwhickok said:

If we lose this game. Your right imo, it wont be a top 5 worst loss.

Itll be the worst loss of Tomlins tenure. This is the absolute least talented team Tomlin will have ever coached against in his time as our HC.

My score prediction for this game, seriously, is 49-10 Pittsburgh 

No it wont be his worst loss.

In 2014, we were one of the Tampa Bay Bucs 2 wins that season.  The game was in Pittsburgh, and we had a healthy Ben, Bell, Brown and Heath Miller.  We also had extemely embarrassing losses to Bruce Gradkowski and Terrell Pryor led Raiders teams.

Again, we shouldn't lose this game, but with a young backup QB, we are vulnerable every game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

We can agree to.disagree. this is definitely his worst lost. I think you're severely overselling how good Ben actually is anymore.

He was pretty darn good in 2014, which is what 43 was talking about. Yes, the dolphins are the worst team in the league, but no, this won't be the worst loss of his career. We are destroyed with injuries, we've got a QB who just came back from being dead on the field, we've got a bunch of guys who haven't played in awhile, plus this team isn't very good right now. Some of those 11+ win teams that came out and crapped the bed against the Buccs and Raiders were by far worse losses. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, August4th said:

crazy that Mason has more touchdown passes than baker at this point in the season. Baker has played 7 games while Mason has just 3 games worth a playing time this yr.

It's not that crazy. I'm not sure how many QBs can succeed in the Cleveland dumpster fire. The Steelers may be limiting Rudolph at this point, but good organizations try to help young guys succeed instead of throwing them to the wolves.

20 hours ago, wwhickok said:

We can agree to.disagree. this is definitely his worst lost. I think you're severely overselling how good Ben actually is anymore.

Funny how you wont address the other points I mentioned in regards to how much better our offensive talent was THEN compared to NOW.

Im not overrating Ben....youre overrating our current talent.  

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Funny how you wont address the other points I mentioned in regards to how much better our offensive talent was THEN compared to NOW.

Im not overrating Ben....youre overrating our current talent.  

In 2014 sure, pur offense was better. 

I think our defense is excellent and I think none of us can say for sure what we have in our offense because they havent taken the leash off Mason yet.

But the dolphins are a historically bad NFL team.