Week 8 - Denver Broncos (2-5) @ Indianapolis Colts (4-2)

lomaxgrUK

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’ve watched the film. In a power run O yes he can. In a zone scheme I wouldn’t do it. I’m not an expert but that’s my opinion. 

I think looks are deceiving with Wirfs, he looks like a mauler (and can be one) but looks to have the requisite agility and fluidity to play LT. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I think looks are deceiving with Wirfs, he looks like a mauler (and can be one) but looks to have the requisite agility and fluidity to play LT. 

I actually saw the Michigan Iowa game in person and spent a lot of time watching Wirfs.  Incredible athlete, extremely fluid, only got himself out of position once that I saw - but most definitely NOT a physical mauler.  Never really saw him “put his man away”.  I have no doubt he can be a top OT in the NFL - likely either side.  But not sure I saw that nasty “finisher” disposition that I would want to see out of a top 10 pick.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I know what I’m looking at. Quote me if I’m wrong later. Wouldn’t play him at LT in a zone scheme 

13 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

And I don't need to quote you later to rub it in your face if I'm right, that's not my style. It's not a competition, lol. We're all going to have hits and misses, nobody's losing jobs over being right or wrong. 

But I bet we could do a pretty good job in the front office 

13 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

And I don't need to quote you later to rub it in your face if I'm right, that's not my style. It's not a competition, lol. We're all going to have hits and misses, nobody's losing jobs over being right or wrong. 

Well no one on this forum lol.  

In Dove Valley....

As far as the Wirfs stuff.  When I was just reading about him I got the Brandon Scherff vibe.  After watching him I believe he’s fully capable of playing LT in the NFL.  He’s such a good athlete for as big as he is.  He kick slides with ease and isn’t nearly as stiff in his movements as Scherff.

• Like 1