Jags DT Marcell Dareus out 4-6 weeks with core injury

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Not good. Not good at all.

Hopefully we bring back Datone Jones. Looked fantastic in the preseason. Also means Taven Bryan is going to get a much bigger role. He's flashed a lot this year, so I'm excited to see what he can do.

I remember hearing a ton of buzz about Datone Jones in preseason. Why didn't he make the squad? Even more baffling, how is he still a FA?

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I don't catch a lot of Jags games. How has he been on the field? 

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Is Dareus good anymore?

He's good, yes.

Cap hit for what we've asked him to do next year is way too much, but he seems to love it here. I'd guess he gets restructured and if he denies, probably a cap casualty though.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I remember hearing a ton of buzz about Datone Jones in preseason. Why didn't he make the squad? Even more baffling, how is he still a FA?

Your guess is as good as mine. Consistently flashed here and some wanted Taven Bryan cut for him (which was ridiculous, Bryan was always a work in progress and although he lacks awareness at times the raw skill is very evident as he's shown at times this year).

I've seen him workout for teams a couple times but no one has signed him yet.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

He worked out for the Raiders a while ago and had another workout with a different team recently. Still surprised he isn't on a 53.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Not good. Not good at all.

Hopefully we bring back Datone Jones. Looked fantastic in the preseason. Also means Taven Bryan is going to get a much bigger role. He's flashed a lot this year, so I'm excited to see what he can do.

datone jones isnt a NT. hed be a backup to campbell and depth at 3tech. 

this means more then likely abry jones moves over to NT and bryan is being our "3tech"

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

datone jones isnt a NT. hed be a backup to campbell and depth at 3tech. 

this means more then likely abry jones moves over to NT and bryan is being our "3tech"

Obviously, but we need better depth after Dareus goes out along the DL and I like Jones.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Obviously, but we need better depth after Dareus goes out along the DL and I like Jones.

its Russell SZN for backup NT.

im seeing alot of Allen-Campbell-Bryan/Jones-Ngakoue with smoot rotated in there on the edge. 

we also only have so many roster spots and considering we have 8-9 Lbers(depends how u view McCray) on the roster cuz of the Injuries we sustained there its very doubtful we add a Backup DL just to be inactive.