Chicago, Atlanta, LAC, Cleveland. Which of these teams been the biggest disappointment to you?

ClutchDJ

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You were pointing out me being wrong. So I pointed out you were wrong. 

I did say it wasnt "much tougher". I never said it wasnt "any tougher".

Also you do realize I said I didn't even think they were the most disappointing team right?

Steelers' opponents' combined record: 29-24 (547 winning %)

Browns' opponents' combined record: 36-17 (.679 winning %)

7 game difference in W-L. Pittsburgh's schedule certainly hasn't been easy, but not nearly as hard as Cleveland's.

But yes I know you didn't say we were the most disappointing team.

5 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Steelers' opponents' combined record: 29-24 (547 winning %)

Browns' opponents' combined record: 36-17 (.679 winning %)

7 game difference in W-L. Pittsburgh's schedule certainly hasn't been easy, but not nearly as hard as Cleveland's.

But yes I know you didn't say we were the most disappointing team.

I think it's all subjective but I respect the point your making. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wwhickok said:

They absolutely do not get a pass. "New coach" or poor coaching hire from within the former staff?

Offseason hype, predominantly elevated by themselves. Sophomore QB who doesnt know how to stfu and isnt as focused on doing his job as he should be.

Greedy Williams guaranteed theyd go to the SB. Anything short of a playoff berth is a disappointment and even then, its disappointing if they didnt win the division imo. I also disagree that cleveland had the toughest schedule.

They played the Lions, Jets, Titans, Bucs. 

Their tough games were NE, SF, LAR, Seattle, Baltimore 

Pittsburgh among others played several of those teams (all but LAR so far). The other 4 teams are horrible imo. So they dont get a pass for that either 

What were you expecting from the Browns? Did you honestly believe that Kitchens was going to have this team playoff ready in one off season? Did you believe Baker Mayfield, with less than a rookie year of experience, would become the world ender? Dorsey has been doing a lot of great things with FA and the drafts but saying this team was ready to win it all and actually expecting them to is idiotic. Are they talented? Yes. Does that equal automatic success in this league?  No. 

I expected the Browns to go 7-9 to 9-7 this season and either make it as a 6th seed or barely miss the playoffs. The first part of their season was brutal. They are entering the second half now, with a bunch of cream puffs. Buff and Balt are the only two teams left with winning records. If they go 6-10 or worse then I'll agree with you. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I've seen people say Atlanta - specifying that they're too talented to be this bad. As a fan of the team, I honestly think the team's talent is insanely overrated. Not that there aren't good players on the team but... it's more like they're an 8-8 team that is badly underperforming. We have skill position talent, but we're very shaky on the offensive line, defensive line, linebackers and secondary play. We all know Quinn's going to be fired, but Dirk Koetter has literally made me wish Sark was back. That's how bad he is.

Sark is not a particularly great OC, but the Falcons would at least hang around .500, even with the defense as atrocious as it is. That's the standard for how bad Koetter is as an OC. I still don't know why we thought he would work when his previous record in Atlanta was terrible (2012-2014) and his record in Tampa wasn't great either.

This is conjecture, but based on what some guys like Julio Jones and Grady Jarrett have said - there are some guys on this team that are just collecting a paycheck and don't really care about the end results one way or another. Thing is, I know Julio loves Quinn, but there's no way you can keep Quinn after a year this bad. It seems like the guys on the team who interact with the media (Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Grady Jarrett) really like the man - but there's a lot of guys on the team that do not care one way or another.

Edited by Hukos
  • Like 1