Chicago, Atlanta, LAC, Cleveland. Which of these teams been the biggest disappointment to you?

ClutchDJ

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Chargers dropped 2 TD passes or the Bears are not even in a spot to kick a game winning FG. 

The Bears are a gift from the refs against Denver away from being a 2 win team. I see a lot of Bears fans defending Nagy. He was hired to develop Trubisky and bring the Andy Reid system to Chicago. A lot of this is on him. He's suppose to be an offensive guru. The type who can make things easier for a QB. Some of his play calls are down right comical. All the motions, fakes, etc. for a 2 yard gain. 

Question now is will he loose the locker room. Players have had their "player only meeting" and still took an L. The scheduled gets harder. Club dub went out of business, so can the club owner keep things from imploding? 

Agreed that Nagy hasn't made things any easier for his young QB and has made a lot of questionable coaching decisions but at what point can we say that maybe Trubisky just doesn't have it and that is likely the most probable reason that this offense has been largely disappointing in Nagy's first 2 years as head coach? 

Some players just never develop the way a team hopes or envisions despite all the coaching attempts, practice reps, film study, etc. and then you have some guys that can just step in right away and play at a high level.  Some other guys it takes longer for them to realize their potential but there's a fine line between being patient and knowing that time is of the essence and you cannot just hope that things will click eventually.  

I am really curious to see what the team does next off season with the QB position because as of right now there is no question that they need to bring in some legitimate competition for Mitch.  Chase Daniel is not a starting caliber QB or someone that can put the heat on Trubisky for the starting job.  

9 hours ago, wwhickok said:

They absolutely do not get a pass. "New coach" or poor coaching hire from within the former staff?

Offseason hype, predominantly elevated by themselves. Sophomore QB who doesnt know how to stfu and isnt as focused on doing his job as he should be.

Greedy Williams guaranteed theyd go to the SB. Anything short of a playoff berth is a disappointment and even then, its disappointing if they didnt win the division imo. I also disagree that cleveland had the toughest schedule.

They played the Lions, Jets, Titans, Bucs. 

Their tough games were NE, SF, LAR, Seattle, Baltimore 

Pittsburgh among others played several of those teams (all but LAR so far). The other 4 teams are horrible imo. So they dont get a pass for that either 

Dude we played the Bucs and the Lions in the preseason, what are you talking about? 😂

I'm embarrassed for you that you hate the Cleveland Browns so much.

Edited by Rod Johnson

10 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Dude we played the Bucs and the Lions in the preseason, what are you talking about? 😂

I was looking at their schedule. That makes so much more sense the layout of the schedule was weird. I kept telling myself that was too many games lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Honestly I dont hate Cleveland. I was kind of hoping theyd be good and I said as much in this forum in the offseason. 

9 hours ago, wwhickok said:

They absolutely do not get a pass. "New coach" or poor coaching hire from within the former staff?

Offseason hype, predominantly elevated by themselves. Sophomore QB who doesnt know how to stfu and isnt as focused on doing his job as he should be.

Greedy Williams guaranteed theyd go to the SB. Anything short of a playoff berth is a disappointment and even then, its disappointing if they didnt win the division imo. I also disagree that cleveland had the toughest schedule.

They played the Lions, Jets, Titans, Bucs. 

Their tough games were NE, SF, LAR, Seattle, Baltimore 

Pittsburgh among others played several of those teams (all but LAR so far). The other 4 teams are horrible imo. So they dont get a pass for that either 

This is just flat out untrue. Who, besides Greedy Williams, said anything about the team being great? They all said that they had talent but they had to go prove it.

We played the Lions and Bucs in preseason, dude. Tennessee is inconsistent, but they're a tough team for any team to play. They've had the toughest schedule - the Jets game has been their only easy game and they won that game by 20 despite not playing a great game. Pittsburgh has played Miami and Cincinnati - both at home - while our only easy game was at the Jets.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

This is just flat out untrue. Who, besides Greedy Williams, said anything about the team being great? They all said that they had talent but they had to go prove it.

We played the Lions and Bucs in preseason, dude. Tennessee is inconsistent, but they're a tough team for any team to play. They've had the toughest schedule - the Jets game has been their only easy game and they won that game by 20 despite not playing a great game. Pittsburgh has played Miami and Cincinnati - both at home - while our only easy game was at the Jets.

I just addressed the lions/Bucs.

Their schedule hasn't been much harder than any other teams imo. Certainly not much harder than Pittsburgh or any NFC West team.

Even Baker Mayfield who looks the part of a draft bust (way too early to know if he is one) said he was gonna be "dangerous". Let's not pretend like that didnt do at least some talking. 

All I'm saying is for all the expectations they certainly disappointed

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I just addressed the lions/Bucs.

Their schedule hasn't been much harder than any other teams imo. Certainly not much harder than Pittsburgh or any NFC West team.

Even Baker Mayfield who looks the part of a draft bust (way too early to know if he is one) said he was gonna be "dangerous". Let's not pretend like that didnt do at least some talking. 

All I'm saying is for all the expectations they certainly disappointed

Except that would be untrue. Statistically the Browns were tied for first in terms of having the toughest schedule heading into the Pats game. Pittsburgh has faced two winless teams at home while we've faced one one-win team on the road.  Plus we had to go to San Francisco on MNF after the 49ers had a bye week, along with playing vs. Seattle after we played on MNF and they had a Thursday night game - so they had a few extra days rest. So yeah, our schedule has absolutely been harder than Pittsburgh's.

• Like 1

Just now, DawgX said:

Except that would be untrue. Statistically the Browns were tied for first in terms of having the toughest schedule heading into the Pats game. Pittsburgh has faced two winless teams at home while we've faced one one-win team on the road.  Plus we had to go to San Francisco on MNF after the 49ers had a bye week, along with playing vs. Seattle after we played on MNF and they had a Thursday night game - so they had a few extra days rest. So yeah, our schedule has absolutely been harder than Pittsburgh's.

Who was the 2nd winless team? Miami? You know that the NE/Cle game happened first right? 

I'm not saying that the Browns havent had a tough schedule but here is the issue, it's the same issue with Pittsburgh.  Could they have won those tough games? Yes. Why didnt they? Because they played like crap. 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Who was the 2nd winless team? Miami? You know that the NE/Cle game happened first right? 

I'm not saying that the Browns havent had a tough schedule but here is the issue, it's the same issue with Pittsburgh.  Could they have won those tough games? Yes. Why didnt they? Because they played like crap. 

Not sure what your point is.

You said Cleveland's schedule  wasn't much tougher than Pittsburgh's schedule, and that's simply not true. The rest of your post I agree with. We could have easily won a lot of the game we lost - I'd say the 49ers game was the only one where we didn't stand a chance and got our butts kicked. But we haven't been able to stop shooting ourselves in the foot all season.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Not sure what your point is.

You said Cleveland's schedule  wasn't much tougher than Pittsburgh's schedule, and that's simply not true. The rest of your post I agree with. We could have easily won a lot of the game we lost - I'd say the 49ers game was the only one where we didn't stand a chance and got our butts kicked. But we haven't been able to stop shooting ourselves in the foot all season.

You were pointing out me being wrong. So I pointed out you were wrong. 

I did say it wasnt "much tougher". I never said it wasnt "any tougher".

Also you do realize I said I didn't even think they were the most disappointing team right?