Chicago, Atlanta, LAC, Cleveland. Which of these teams been the biggest disappointment to you?

ClutchDJ

Atlanta

Chicago I expected to crash down to earth with a harder schedule and a year of exposure. Never bought Trubs.
Chargers have injuries galore, while I didn't expect them to go far. Think if they are healthy they are a tough Wildcard pull for anyone.
Cleveland, a coach who's done nothing of note leading an incomplete team of big personalities. Not surprisingly, failure to address the online killed them.

Atlanta has a few injuries...but not enough to explain this. Baffled how bad they've looked since the game against the eagles.
Thought they'd push this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

that was the only game they played the Dirty Bird hype song for. And their only win

@Dome @Matts4313

The Falcons have had this coming for years.

Not really. It’s actually out of the blue. I thought their 22 starters were among the best in the NFL heading into the season.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dome said:

The Falcons have had this coming for years.

Not really. It’s actually out of the blue. I thought their 22 starters were among the best in the NFL heading into the season.

Falcons are almost entirely a coaching problem. Talent is there but motivation, preparation, discipline, and scheme are what they are lacking (from the games I’ve seen)

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Falcons are almost entirely a coaching problem. Talent is there but motivation, preparation, discipline, and scheme are what they are lacking (from the games I’ve seen)

We know what the team needs for their motivation. 

hint: it was played before their only win.

• Like 3

Cleveland and chargers.

For the browns, Obviously a lot of talent and pieces were in place. I don't know that anyone thought they were going 14-2, but I think a lot of people assumed they were going to be a solid playoff contender. The chargers seemed poised for a solid season and what we have seen has certainly been a disappointment. 

The bears were due for regression, and this was brought up by a number of posts and posters long before they started this season 3-4. 

Wasnt sure Atlanta was going to be good 

I've been telling everyone all off-season that MT is a super limited, one read, running QB. I did not expect nagy to turn from good play caller to completely inept HC overnight. 

The stuff he says in his post game interviews is some of the dumbest crap I've ever heard from a HC. It's absurd. 

I expected the bears to take a big step back this year. The rate of turnovers they were creating last year was not sustainable. So they are basically who I expected them to be except much more lol worthy. There were a lot of bears fans who tried to argue with me saying MT was super good this off-season lol 

Atlanta has been overrated for a few years now. Wasn't expecting a lot 

I've been questioning freddie kitchens since he was hired. That was an absolute terrible hire by Dorsey. Wasn't expecting them to be a 'dream team'. They are slightly worse than I thought, but they might turn it around somewhat and finish around 8-8. Their schedule gets easier 

Biggest disappointment to me is the chargers. I thought they would win a lot of games with the weapons they have on offense. Their defense has some good pieces too. Seems more likely right now that the chargers just played above their paygrade last year, and this team we are seeing now is who they really are? When is Derwin James coming back?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

I've been telling everyone all off-season that MT is a super limited, one read, running QB. I did not expect nagy to turn from good play caller to completely inept HC overnight. 

The stuff he says in his post game interviews is some of the dumbest crap I've ever heard from a HC. It's absurd. 

I expected the bears to take a big step back this year. The rate of turnovers they were creating last year was not sustainable. So they are basically who I expected them to be except much more lol worthy. There were a lot of bears fans who tried to argue with me saying MT was super good this off-season lol 

Atlanta has been overrated for a few years now. Wasn't expecting a lot 

I've been questioning freddie kitchens since he was hired. That was an absolute terrible hire by Dorsey. Wasn't expecting them to be a 'dream team'. They are slightly worse than I thought, but they might turn it around somewhat and finish around 8-8. Their schedule gets easier 

Biggest disappointment to me is the chargers. I thought they would win a lot of games with the weapons they have on offense. Their defense has some good pieces too. Seems more likely right now that the chargers just played above their paygrade last year, and this team we are seeing now is who they really are? When is Derwin James coming back?

That was a hell of thing for Nagy to say in public after that game.  He was in effect telling the world he had no faith that his guys could gain another yard at the end of the game.   Way to bolster their confidence, coach.  I'm glad you are in Chicago and not GB.