Mike Nugent Cut

Deadpulse

We certainly are in a kicking crisis. Say what you want about '19 Ghost, but under him, for the best part of 10 years, we've never had to think about kickers (until now).

We are feeling something a few others teams go through year after year. Let's hope we never have to rely on 3 points with 8 seconds to go.

16 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Matt Bryant is available. Why not cut Nugent and hold onto that little bit of cap space for the trade deadline. Why not try to claim Bryant after if you can't make any other trades. Jake Bailey has been below average as a holder thus far, why not try using him on extra points for a game.

Anyone who can hit an extra point and field goals of equal or less distance in normal conditions is the same or better than what Gostkowski was giving you this season. Fact. As for the Super Bowls, I mean, anyone can be signed to choke and miss at least one kick per game, right?

Yeah, I'm sure anyone can be signed off the street to nail a 41 yarder to seal a Super Bowl Championship. 

It's funny how you always conveniently ignore how clutch that kick was. But hey, whatever fits your narrative pal. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Wait wait wait I missed this post

The Patriots cut Mike Nugent merely to save cap space? Haahahahaaha

Again, taking things out of context and framing it a way that is inaccurate to make yourself feel better.

I clearly said if it was to save cap space, it would be temporary because of the trade deadline. I also said if it was not for that reason, then another possibility could be to sign Matt Bryant. If you want to mock laugh at anything, laugh at yourself for leaving things out that I say.

Nick Folk is the same or worse at extra points as Mike Nugent, and slightly better as a place kicker if only because he has a longer range. I wonder if Folk is also a temporary security in case they miss out on Bryant, who I'd think they would be after.

6 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Yes- please continue to pound the table for this narrative when posters provide actual statistical evidence that this claim is wrong. 

There is evidence to the contrary on extra points.

My "narrative" that now you and @Deadpulse like to insinuate I am using, is that any kicker in the league can make extra points more efficiently than Gostkowski as well as average one missed kick in Super Bowls. That is not a narrative @Nex_Gen, @SBLIII, @jofos, @Iron_man, and anybody else circle jerking over this kicking issue the Patriots have, those are statistics of Gostkowski's that is replicable by any average kicker.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/10/30/20939656/why-new-england-patriots-mid-season-change-kicker-mike-nugent-nick-folk-nfl-analysis

Numbers only tell one half of the story.

The fact I have to repeatedly outline why "numbers don't tell the whole story" when I know a majority of posters involved here know that to be true, proves that there is now a personal agenda or just really bad reading comprehension, (which I don't think it's so much the latter).

Edited by DoleINGout

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Again, taking things out of context and framing it a way that is inaccurate to make yourself feel better.

I clearly said if it was to save cap space, it would be temporary because of the trade deadline. I also said if it was not for that reason, then another possibility could be to sign Matt Bryant. If you want to mock laugh at anything, laugh at yourself for leaving things out that I say.

Nick Folk is the same or worse at extra points as Mike Nugent, and slightly better as a place kicker if only because he has a longer range. I wonder if Folk is also a temporary security in case they miss out on Bryant, who I'd think they would be after.

Sorry for leaving out additional things you said that were wrong. My apologies, surely won't happen again.

• Like 1