Draft Talk 2020

SmittyBacall

19 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Besides Tua and Burrow have you heard the Bengals meeting with anyone else at the combine?

Only one I’ve seen so far. I’d imagine we’re going to meet with a lot of LSU prospects considering the amount of Burrow tape they’ve watched. Hoping for at least one of the following (wanting more like 3 or 4): Queen, Cushenberry, Charles, Jefferson, Moss, Sullivan, Edwards-Helaire, Lawrence, and Lewis. 

56 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Only one I’ve seen so far. I’d imagine we’re going to meet with a lot of LSU prospects considering the amount of Burrow tape they’ve watched. Hoping for at least one of the following (wanting more like 3 or 4): Queen, Cushenberry, Charles, Jefferson, Moss, Sullivan, Edwards-Helaire, Lawrence, and Lewis. 

I don't know if he lasts that long, but i'd love to snag Lawrence at the top of the 3rd to groom under Geno.  Even better if he follows Geno's lead and gets drafted in the 4th rd ;)

11 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

These receivers are tearing it up. I hate to say it, but if we end up tagging Green I have no problem going WR at 33 (Higgins, Jefferson, Reagor) and letting Green walk in 2021. 

With only Boyd and Tate under contract for 2021, i wouldn't be mad even if they didn't tag Green.  

I said it a few times during the season - they need to turn something into a strength and make it their identity.  Whether that's a stout defense, an elite passing game, running the ball, etc.  They sort of found it last year about 12 games in when they finally started to lean on Mixon.  Drafting Joe may mean that's what they lean on.  If that's the case, surround him with weapons.  Are any of us mad if they roll out Green-Boyd-Ross-2nd round pick-Tate next year as the top 5?  I'm not.  Spread the field and let Joe do what he does best: find the open guy.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, theJ said:

With only Boyd and Tate under contract for 2021, i wouldn't be mad even if they didn't tag Green.  

I said it a few times during the season - they need to turn something into a strength and make it their identity.  Whether that's a stout defense, an elite passing game, running the ball, etc.  They sort of found it last year about 12 games in when they finally started to lean on Mixon.  Drafting Joe may mean that's what they lean on.  If that's the case, surround him with weapons.  Are any of us mad if they roll out Green-Boyd-Ross-2nd round pick-Tate next year as the top 5?  I'm not.  Spread the field and let Joe do what he does best: find the open guy.

Agree 100%. Yesterday NFLN posted splits comparing the difference between his 2018 (without Brady) and 2019 season (with Brady). The difference? Protection and spreading the defense out.

The splits come up at 3:48 in the video below:

• Like 2