2019/2020 trade rumors or suggestion thread. breaking up LAC!

resilient part 2

On 10/8/2020 at 6:43 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

I would really hope we dont make a move for Ball.  And Edwards is like an RJ Barrett type prospect for me that has this "potential" but I just dont think he will ever reach it.  Both will be inefficient scorers who struggle on D and thats not a good place to start a rebuild.  However this trade would likely make us worse giving us a better shot at the top pick next year which would make it worth it.  

It'd make sense to move up for Hayes, I think he's going to be very good. But yeah, Detroit should be in a position to pick early next year in what is shaping up to be a very good draft.

8 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

I just think Avdija caps out around 22-7-5 during his prime, which is elite production, but he wont be as impactful a defender as Wiseman and he won't be hovering around those averages consistently. On a good team I think he'll be your guy who can get buckets, but not a guy you really rely on to get himself consistent shots I even think he'll have trouble getting to the line like Danny did. I do think he could be a real good help defender given his high IQ on rotations and helpside D. I think Deni could be really good, but again not as valuable as a consistent two-way All-NBA Center. 

If they both reach their ceiling I think Avdija caps out around 18-7-5 and Wiseman caps out around 23-12-2.5. Avdija to me looks more like a super high end role player/complimentary piece rather than a guy you'd build around. 

On 10/8/2020 at 7:45 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Saying he was part of the Knicks best lineup is like saying he is the tallest dwarf.  He was inefficient and had negative offensive and defensive ratings.  I don't really see him being anything more than a poor mans Andrew Wiggins.  Which isnt anything to get excited about. And thats about all I can say for Edwards too.  

Barrett started to get better as the year went on and averaged 18.5 ppg | 4.8 rpg | 3.5 apg on 47% FG and 35% 3FG after the ASB. 

The Knicks just did him no favors last season being the worst 3 point shooting team in the league with no other perimeter players that could consistently create their own offense. I'm excited to see how he develops under Thibbs who took Jimmy Butler from an inefficient scoring role player to an All-Star when they were together in Chicago/Minnesota. 

Yup Embid was big time coming out and injury also caused concerns im just confident had he played he would have been every bit as impressive if not more so  by seasons end.  His perimeter potential is slept on he can put the ball on the floor and the way the games going if you’ve got competent handles and quickness you can bull rush your way to the rim.  Good passer, uses his height to see over defense and makes hard to defend passes.  His speed up and down the floor is really obscene. 

For Avidja , I see him more as a point foward that can really push the ball up the floor in a hurry and make plays.  I actually think he’l get a lot of calls in nba he’s aggressive, has an array of layups and clutches/ adjusts in air well to finish in traffic 

Edited by BigC421/

50 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Yup Embid was big time coming out and injury also caused concerns im just confident had he played he would have been every bit as impressive if not more so  by seasons end.  His perimeter potential is slept on he can put the ball on the floor and the way the games going if you’ve got competent handles and quickness you can bull rush your way to the rim.  Good passer, uses his height to see over defense and makes hard to defend passes.  His speed up and down the floor is really obscene. 

For Avidja , I see him more as a point foward that can really push the ball up the floor in a hurry and make plays.  I actually think he’l get a lot of calls in nba he’s aggressive, has an array of layups and clutches/ adjusts in air well to finish in traffic 

One of the biggest concerns about Wiseman is that he's too perimeter oriented and tries to play with too much finesse. Instead of using his size and length to bully smaller opponents he would settle for tough post fades or try to face up. He has flashed some ball handling skills but he's going to need to improve a lot there before he's able to beat guys off the bounce in the NBA. He also hasn't really ever been able to hit 3's consistently at any level that he has played at. I also disagree that he's a good passer, it was a small sample size but he only had 1 assist in 3 games at Memphis. While in AAU he had a 1:3 AST/TO ratio and for team USA he had a 1:2 AST/TO ratio. 

I like Avdija for sure I think he'll be a nice secondary playmaker that can defend multiple positions. He'll have to get a lot better as a shooter to score in the league though.

Sacramento receives: Al Horford, Tobias Harris, #21 pick, 2022 1st round pick (lottery protected) 

Philadelphia receives: Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Corey Joseph 

Why it makes sense

For Philly: They get rid of Horford's terrible contract and modernize their offense by adding one of the best shooters in the league in Hield and a 4 that can stretch the floor but doesn't need a ton of touches to be effective in Barnes. 

Simmons - Hield - Richardson - Barnes - Embiid 

For Sac: They were one of the worst defensive teams in the league and get an anchor in the middle with Horford who compliments Bagley/Fox because he can space the floor and another versatile scoring forward in Harris. Plus moving Hield gives Bogdanovic more opportunity to play and the Kings are reportedly very high on him.

Fox - Bogdanovic - Harris - Bagley - Horford 

Edited by NYRaider

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Sacramento receives: Al Horford, Tobias Harris, #21 pick, 2022 1st round pick (lottery protected) 

Philadelphia receives: Buddy Hield, Harrison Barnes, Corey Joseph 

Why it makes sense

For Philly: They get rid of Horford's terrible contract and modernize their offense by adding one of the best shooters in the league in Hield and a 4 that can stretch the floor but doesn't need a ton of touches to be effective in Barnes. 

Simmons - Hield - Richardson - Barnes - Embiid 

For Sac: They were one of the worst defensive teams in the league and get an anchor in the middle with Horford who compliments Bagley/Fox because he can space the floor and another versatile scoring forward in Harris. Plus moving Hield gives Bogdanovic more opportunity to play and the Kings are reportedly very high on him.

I can't see that being very enticing for Sac 

9 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I can't see that being very enticing for Sac 

Buddy wants out and they replace him with an equally good wing scorer plus a defensive center that compliments Bagley because he can space the floor. They'd get bigger, way better defensively, and have a more balanced starting 5 top to bottom.

Edited by NYRaider

On the surface it doesn’t make a ton sense but Sacramento’s kind of in a state of purgatory right now. There a little to good to be in full rebuild still but there never really going to be competitors either ( I’ve seen this with the Pistons). There likely to be fighting with a half dozen other teams for the 7-8s for the next couple of years. Right now best guess is them and PHX will continuously be the odd teams out with Pels, Grizz and Blazers fighting to get in.  Buddy apparently isn’t going to be a long term part of there plans and this move probably makes them more competitive in the now.  By the time Horford and Harris’s contracts are ending Fox and Bagley should be in the midst of there primes.  They’ll have a much better idea of what they have in those 2 and also have a bunch of cap space freeing up

10 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Buddy apparently isn’t going to be a long term part of there plans and this move probably makes them more competitive in the now.  By the time Horford and Harris’s contracts are ending Fox and Bagley should be in the midst of there primes.  They’ll have a much better idea of what they have in those 2 and also have a bunch of cap space freeing up

That move makes them a million times more competitive in the now, plus the cap flexibility they'd be losing doesn't matter because they're never going to be in contention for top FA anyway. They'd get a borderline All-Star level talent in Harris that has proven he can be a 20+ ppg scorer and one of the best veteran defensive big men in the league in Horford. It would also allow them to give Bogdanovic a bigger role as well who they seem to like more than Buddy. 

They could then use the #12 pick to target Aaron Nesmith and the #21 pick to target a backup PG like Kira Lewis or Tyrell Terry. 

That's a pretty balanced and versatile lineup and they'd have flexibility because Harris could also play the 4 and Bagley can play the 5. 

Edited by NYRaider