WR upgrade

Ty21

Bears fans are like, "just trade from somebody!"

Right, give up draft pick for somebody who still has to learn the system at a time when teams are losing WRs to injuries.

But apparently it's just THAT simple!

And I know what the reply to this will be: they've got to do something, can't ride out the season with a bunch of "special teamers," this was a huge oversight, blah blah blah, none of which changes what I noted above at all.

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Mike Evans is a FA so no need for a pick to be lost. Glennon won't stretch the field anyway, so the fact he's slow doesn't matter.

Checkmate, IronMike.

Glennon trying to run bootlegs looks like an injured giraffe getting chased down and brutally slaughtered by a pack of lions.

The Bears do need an upgrade at WR, but I don't think this injury really changes anything.  It doesn't make the need any more urgent.  Sure, they need a body to take his spot on the roster.  As far as production I don't see it getting any worse between white and replacement WR.

3 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

The Bears do need an upgrade at WR, but I don't think this injury really changes anything.  It doesn't make the need any more urgent.  Sure, they need a body to take his spot on the roster.  As far as production I don't see it getting any worse between white and replacement WR.

Somebody already brought it up in another thread: Tanner Gentry is about to put up a zillion touchdowns once he gets signed from the PS.

Stupid Bears don't realize he's that good, but the fans saw him score a TD on a fly route! They KNOW that means he's amazing!

I'd like to go ahead and beat the dead horse....Promote McBride to active, roster Bucky Hodges as a weekly inactive.

In all seriousness, though.... Wheaton has gotta be close to coming back, right?  I'd presume Wheaton just shuffles from inactive to White's spot if he's available.... and if Wheaton isn't yet ready, then you're already using a roster spot on McBride, might as well just activate him.

Long term WR is a big problem, and yes I'd love to get Gentry on the active roster and see more of him, however.... I really highly doubt we're getting any remotely worthwhile FA, or trade at good value by this point, and even if we did, I fail to see how they're ready to play before Wheaton does come back from his finger... so we're likely talking about a guy who's either bumping someone else off the roster or is going to be a weekly inactive regardless.... McBride can do that without moving Gentry back and forth.... assuming Wheaton is out for week 2.

I agree with the sentiment of not wasting reps on guys with no upside.

I would play Gentry and either bring bacon Titus Davis or another PR guy and keep giving reps to guys while Glennon plays. Maybe you find someone, maybe not, but it is probably the best you can make, long term, of this situation.

16 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Glennon trying to run bootlegs looks like an injured giraffe getting chased down and brutally slaughtered by a pack of lions.

The image this brought to mind was incredible:P This place is always good for a chuckle.

Archived