Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Did we ever figure out how we’re going to do rounds after this next one/free agency? I’ve got a composer and a couple of super minor roles to draft after I get my Bruce Willis replacement for Runciter.

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

I thought we were doing 10 rounds? 

We're just going to keep going until people are done with their major casting. So when you're done with casting things for your movie, say so in the thread and tag me so I can remove you from subsequent rounds. 

• Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

I actually like their ideas. Especially pickle's, no offense orca. Just more up my alley.

I didn’t even see them lol. 

im just trolling cause they said they weren’t sure what to do about a director 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I mean, it doesn’t matter whether you’re doing an original story or not, you still need a director to, ya know...direct.

Some directors write their own stuff, but most don’t, at least not all the time. They take a script and adapt it. Everyone will just be doing a very short summary of their movie, so without a director to attach if to, it’ll be hard to figure out what tone, cinematic style, etc. you’ll be getting with the film.

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

I talked to them both via PM about it

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, it doesn’t matter whether you’re doing an original story or not, you still need a director to, ya know...direct.

Some directors write their own stuff, but most don’t, at least not all the time. They take a script and adapt it. Everyone will just be doing a very short summary of their movie, so without a director to attach if to, it’ll be hard to figure out what tone, cinematic style, etc. you’ll be getting with the film.

Short summary? Oh boy, I am definitely going way overboard then.

• Like 2