Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, it doesn’t matter whether you’re doing an original story or not, you still need a director to, ya know...direct.

Some directors write their own stuff, but most don’t, at least not all the time. They take a script and adapt it. Everyone will just be doing a very short summary of their movie, so without a director to attach if to, it’ll be hard to figure out what tone, cinematic style, etc. you’ll be getting with the film.

I know

thats why they need me. I’m a visionary. I helped malf with the idea for outposts movie 

44 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I seriously thought we were writing the whole script to sell to one of the major studios and split any money we get....were we not :ph34r:

I wasn't gonna do a full blown script either, just a long scene by scene description of the movie. But if someone actually wrote a real screenplay I would read the **** out of it and give them tons of likes.

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I think we should do a certain amount of rounds and then just do a Shark tank for the tail end of casts

I think most people will be done at the end. I only need two more spots myself.

We should probably do a much shorter clock for the additional rounds though so those with much bigger casts won’t take an additional week waiting on people who forget to say they’re done.

20 minutes ago, Elky said:

How many rounds will this be going? I really only have one or maybe two casting needs left.

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Until everyone was done supposedly, but it should move quickly as people don't need more and dwindle out. I have about two more as well.

@Elky, just tag rackcs when you've got all your roles done and he'll remove you from the draft.

As more players wrap up the rounds will get shorter and shorter until everyone is done. We've got about 4 more needed.