Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

25 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I'm not really knowledgeable about directors.  How the hell do you decide on one for an original movie?

This is where I am at. Still a long ways to go but I thought I had a direction and cast going so I went with a director who has experience in the genre and whose movies I really like. I'm pretty for sure very few will like mine, but it will be interesting how it comes together 

27 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I’m having the same trouble for my film.

25 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I've got a couple to choose from, but it's more or less guess work for me. 

Narrow it down to genre and then get a director who does that genre well.

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It's 1982 in Antarctica and you think it would be a good idea to put a woman in a camp with 11 other men? 

I wanted to cast an actress, but that situation is tantamount to co-ed bunking at a Christian Bible camp or a co-ed prison.  Wouldn't be conducive to research. 

Really wanted to add Imelda Staunton, Hayley Atwell, Emily Blunt and a couple others, but it just didn't make much sense. 

Tilda swinton

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

I'm not really knowledgeable about directors.  How the hell do you decide on one for an original movie?

Probably not that important. If you’re the brains behind the original movie you need a director that does as you tell them.