Report: NFL has discussed moving the Chargers to London

drd23

No disrespect to the loyal San Diego fans, but they had over a decade of Hall of Fame play from multiple positions while consistently having winning records/playoff appearances during the 00s and still couldn't develop a strong fan following. It just wasn't going to work out there. From 2004-2014 the worst individual season they had was 7-9. If they Jets ever had a run like that while having a Hall of Fame talent at QB, RB, and TE plus all-pro WRs, DBs, LBs they fanbase would be set for the next 20 years.

Edited by Malik
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Malik said:

From 2004-2014 the worst individual season they had was 7-9. If they Jets ever had a run like that while having a Hall of Fame talent at QB, RB, and TE plus all-pro WRs, DBs, LBs they fanbase would be set for the next 20 years.

Those teams just seemed soft to me and fans aren't stupid I mostly agree with you though 

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Those teams just seemed soft to me and fans aren't stupid I mostly agree with you though 

I get that. They definitely should have won more than 4 playoff games during that span. There are a lot of fanbases who would kill to have that type of sustained success (Jets, Browns, Lions, Bills, Raiders, Bears, Skins) and would have constant sell out games with a decade like that.

• Like 1

Just now, Malik said:

There are a lot of fanbases who would kill to have that type of sustained success (Jets, Browns, Lions, Bills, Raiders, Bears, Skins) and would have constant sell out games with a decade like that.

And at the end of the day every fanbase doesn't like complacency with just getting to the dance every year. Regardless of what organizations would kill for that. 

After 2 or 3 years of doing that you wanna win a ring or get to the superbowl. 

@Malik my point is that organizations that are just complacent with playoff births and not content there's a difference.  There's an argument that they're as bad as a poorly ran franchise.

When Broncos stalled in 05' with a Jake Plummer led offense at the AFC title game I knew that was the peak of that team that whole offseason.  Even though Jay Cutler wasn't the guy I still give props to my football operation for realizing that.

On 11/5/2019 at 10:17 AM, Shanedorf said:

Agreed,  this is a critical point.
The League brags about the interest in "The NFL", but they fail to mention that the interest isn't for just one team now and it won't be for just one team going forward. EU fans have already decided who they want to follow and there are fan clubs in Germany, UK, Sweden etc for the various NFL franchises. Thinking that ALL of those EU fans will convert to one team is a dumbass point of view. Just look at the Wembley or Tottenham games and you see NFL jerseys in the stands from dozens of teams

What the NFL should do is set up watch parties at the various stadiums, including tailgating and pregame festivities. Then just roll out a huge video screen onto the field and the fans in the stadium can watch their favorite team, scream and holler and most importantly for the owners - spend money on parking, food, beverages and merchandise.

We've already seen this in action in both the NFL and the NBA.  The recent NBA title had huge numbers of fans in Toronto gathered to watch the Raptors while the team was on the road. Export the game, but not the players

The NFL should bring the game to the EU, but leave the players and the nightmare logistics back in the USA. More fans and more revenue are all the owners care about, this is one way to make that happen. And it grows all 32 franchises in the EU instead of just 1

Watching the games on tv is underrated, anyway; being in the stadium is wildly overrated.