Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

17 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Gotcha, didn't know how that worked given he was an undrafted free agent in 2015.

Need at least 8 games on an active 53-man roster (or IR/PUP) to count as a year of service team (some ppl believe it's 6, which is why teams wait until after they've played 11 games to activate PS guys, but 8 is for sure a safe # for players to consider holding out after the Galloway ruling, making sure players don't play 6 games to be absolutely sure to not accrue service time).  PS does not count - how we got an extra year of time for Paradis.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

I wonder what percentage of players play for the money vs winning...

A former player, can’t remember who, came out with a book a while back where he addressed this.  I don’t remember what he said though, just remember he was in the camp of someone who hated football, but stuck around for the pay check.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, germ-x said:

A former player, can’t remember who, came out with a book a while back where he addressed this.  I don’t remember what he said though, just remember he was in the camp of someone who hated football, but stuck around for the pay check.

I know Troy Vincent told that to me in 2010 his words were I was robbing from Buffalo because they had no one who could replace me lol.

"There's also a price tag on stubbornly refusing to evaluate individual players based on some questionable macro analysis of their coaching, and it's losing out on ballers. " @BroncoBruin

since 2010 the qb position has been devalued in the draft unless you're a cant miss prospect. 

2010- tebow, Clausen, Mccoy

2012- Russell Wilson, Weeden, Brock, Cousins, Foles.

2013) ej, geno smith

2014- Carr, Bridgwater , Jimmy g

2016 - Lynch , Dak

2018- Lamar Jackson, Rudolph 

2019- Lock.

teams just want top 15 game Management from the position . Unless, there's a clearrrrrr upgrade Manning in 2012.

Mike Glennon round 3 was also coached by Danna from UCLA 

Edited by thebestever6

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

"There's also a price tag on stubbornly refusing to evaluate individual players based on some questionable macro analysis of their coaching, and it's losing out on ballers. " @BroncoBruin

since 2010 the qb position has been devalued in the draft unless you're a cant miss prospect. 

2010- tebow

2012- Russell Wilson, Weeden, Brock, Cousins, Foles.

2014- Carr, Bridgwater , Jimmy g

2016 - Lynch , Dak

2018- Lamar Jackson, Rudolph 

2019- Lock.

teams just want top 15 game Management from the position . Unless, there's a clearrrrrr upgrade Manning in 2012.

This is 100% nonsense, and another example of you creating an explanation out of thin air to justify your positions. 

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

This is 100% nonsense, and another example of you creating an explanation out of thin air to justify your positions. 

It's a 10 year trend of draft position late round 1 and round 2 disagree all you'd like don't call it nonsense though because it's true.

2011 with Locker ponder and grabbert were the outlier. 

The titans gm no longer, the jags gm no longer. 

Minnesota I'm not 100% 

Edited by thebestever6

Just now, thebestever6 said:

It's a 10 year trend of draft position late round 1 and round 2 disagree all you'd like don't call it nonsense though because it's true.

It's the way you analyze this stuff that is nonsense. If you wanted to do a comprehensive breakdown of where teams in those drafts stood at QB and why in each individual case that particular QB dropped, that might be worth something. You're doing the bare minimum here and confidently drawing conclusions. It's always working backwards from your conclusions, and looking for anything that confirm your beliefs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

where teams in those drafts stood at QB and why in each individual case that particular QB dropped, that might be worth something. You're doing the bare minimum here and confidently drawing conclusions.

I'm not saying you can't prove me wrong I'm right I've been watching football for 25 years and am just pointing out a trend. 

-I'm not even saying it's a great approach. 

- there's a lot of bust on my list lol. Teams just want 4 to 5 years of top 15 game manager type play to compete. 

You think as a fan I want my qb to be the goat and win 6 superbowls. Organizations have a more specific obtainable goal.

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm not saying you can't prove me wrong I'm right I've been watching football for 25 years and am just pointing out a trend. 

-I'm not even saying it's a great approach. 

- there's a lot of bust on my list lol. Teams just want 4 to 5 years of top 15 game manager type play to compete. 

You think as a fan I want my qb to be the goat and win 6 superbowls. Organizations have a more specific obtainable goal.

Your "trend" and the conclusions you drew from it are nonsense and there are so many things to pick apart. And a lot of the supposedly "devalued" guys you listed just weren't good and were actually overvalued because they were QBs. Tebow couldn't throw and was picked in the 1st. Leaving out the horrible 2011 QB class after Cam, all picked in the top 12. Weeden was an old man and drafted in the 1st round. EJ Manuel picked in the teens. Paxton had the brain of a small child with very little pro skills shown on tape and had three teams fighting to trade up for in the 1st. Haskins and Jones were not viewed as can't-miss by any means.

Edited by BroncoBruin

31 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Leaving out the horrible 2011 QB class after Cam, all picked in the top 12

You're  right excellent point .Locker was a true first rounder in 2011 imo just over drafted had he went to the niners late round 1 I believe he has some form of playoff success.

Dalton and Kaepernick I also left out on that list so 2011 wasn't even an aberration.  I knew you debating me was for a reason you're good getting the best out of my above average football mind!

27 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

You're  right excellent point .Locker was a true first rounder in 2011 imo just over drafted had he went to the niners late round 1 I believe he has some form of playoff success.

Dalton and Kaepernick I also left out on that list so 2011 wasn't even an aberration.  I knew you debating me was for a reason you're good getting the best out of my above average football mind!

Does it not occur to you how pointless this exercise is when you control the outcomes and it's completely arbitrary? "Well, I think he was a true first rounder. I'll skip this year's group. etc. 

Teams either have QBs, talk themselves into QB or chase QBs. There's no devaluation. 

30 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Teams either have QBs, talk themselves into QB or chase QBs. There's no devaluation. 

No it's an evaluation and putting one on them and the great organizations do it the right way.

Tennessee is bad and haven't done a thing since Air McNair got locked out of their building in 05.

They're closer to Washington than people think.

And control the outcomes of 10+ years come on man!!

Edited by thebestever6

Just now, thebestever6 said:

No it's an evaluation and putting one on them and the great organizations do it the right way.

Tennessee is bad and haven't done a thing since Air McNair got locked out of their building in 05.

They're closer to Washington than people think.

I don't know where the Titans suddenly came from in this conversation, but they've spent top 10 picks at the QB position three times since McNair. I don't get where this QB devaluation stuff comes from, it feels like an incredibly forced point that's not backed up by anything.