Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

totally understand they couldn’t get him on the field with Allen needing to take over.  But cutting a guy we sit on Sundays to start his time practicing after this bye week (since we aren’t actually practicing) is is a no brainer if that’s what is needed to get him out there.   The injury call as the reason is just cover.  

Lock should be backup over Rypien if that's what you're referring to. Worst comes to worse if he comes in before he's ready we can limit the offense to make him comfortable I just wanna see him against NFL competition. 

5 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Wasn't George foster Jake the snakes LT ? Until Fosters rookie year was up?

Never. He was on the bench in 2003 (his rookie year), and started at RT for three years before being traded to Detroit in 2007.

Matt Lepsis was the LT until 08 when Clady was drafted.

I remember wanting either Foster or Stanford's Kwame Harris (another LT) with Denver's first rounder. Was wrong on both guys.

I am checking the Walter Football archives now. They considered Harris a first-round pick, but they didn't have Foster going until Round 3 (I can't find their draft grades, but I remember reading that Walter wasn't high on Foster).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

It was the round before that round  2 57 . I was at a 21st bday party in Alantic City at best damn sports Bar. Was yelling at the TV pick Russell Wilson pick Russell Wilson. My friend who's party it was said Elway isn't gonna do that he doesn't want Manning to fear for his job joking around. So I say, worry about the Eagles who haven't won a title since 1960. Brock is the pick and I never wanted to fly out to Denver just to kick Elway in the nuts so bad.

You can say it was because of height(Elway loves tall QBs bs), or because he didn't want Manning to fear for his job.

He signed Case Keenum 6'1 for 18 mill annually, and By all accounts liked Baker Mayfield 6'1. I had Wilson graded as a Rich mans Senneca Wallace would of been the perfect backup to Peyton and the perfect transition. If he ever gets canned that's his biggest downfall in my heart of hearts. More than Lynch over Dak.

Nate Lundy (now of Mile High Sports. Back then, he was with 104.3 The Fan) also hated the Osweiler pick. He said that Oz only was successful for one year in college, and only left because the coach left, and he didn't want to change systems.

• Like 1

Just now, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Nate Lundy (now of Mile High Sports. Back then, he was with 104.3 The Fan) also hated the Osweiler pick. He said that Oz only was successful for one year in college, and only left because the coach left, and he didn't want to change systems.

It wasn't even that I hated Osweiler it's that I lovvvvveeeddd Russell Wilson. If it was just Foles and Cousins left that sting would of not been nearly as bad.

• Like 2

Just now, thebestever6 said:

It wasn't even that I hated Osweiler it's that I lovvvvveeeddd Russell Wilson. If it was just Foles and Cousins left that sting would of not been nearly as bad.

I liked Wilson as well, but I didn't think that Elway would take a QB in the first four rounds or so.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I liked Wilson as well, but I didn't think that Elway would take a QB in the first four rounds or so.

Elway aided in me winning 200 dollars at the roulette table that night, but he also  aided in me drinking a 40 in 10 min and a double shot of wild Turkey, getting lost on the board walk. I didn't win or lose that night.

Well I view Tebow and the qb situation similarly to the Bolles situation. 

Elway trading Tebow for a 4th basically made it a shoe in to go qb early.

Bolles(loaded tackle class)is the Tim Tebow(loaded qb class came after) of Left tackles has a lot of tools but something is missing. I see a similar approach to solving that issue.  Trade Bolles for a 4th, look to upgrade via trade or free agency, draft one round 2 at the latest to develop while said draft pick develops behind free agent.

Edited by thebestever6

3 hours ago, broncos67 said:

What tools? He had no tools. He was raw, but he was nasty, and this was the offseason after Elway complained about how soft everyone was. He also has a propensity to look at local talent. Elway, I can promise you, was not considering the long-term value retention of the Bolles pick. We had no OT, his hand was forced, and the pick was telegraphed. I'm sure he talked himself into it.

Well - at the very least McCoy talked him into it.

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

From a purely physical perspective Bolles is pretty impressive. He his tall with long arms and a plus athlete for his size. I think one thing was they said when he was picked was that they wanted him to add a little muscle mass but that's all. The guy is physically built to play LT but, as I said at the time and as we've all come to learn now, he doesn't have it between to the ears. 

Someone pointed out somewhere than when you look at how Wilkinson and Bolles react to the snap, Wilkinson is out of his stance way before Bolles even moves. he just seems to be totally unaware of what is going on around him.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Here’s what everyone (including you) said about the Oz pick at the time http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490747

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Here’s what everyone (including you) said about the Oz pick at the time http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490747

-Thanks for that lol trip down memory lane. I stand by everything I said there and I tend to lean optimistic on here @AnAngryAmerican takes care of my negative outlook lol. I think Brock had he resigned would of been a top 15 game manager in this offense for two years instead he chased money and poor scheme fit in Houton.

-I also compared the move to the Oakland Palmer trade and it was good if you look at it from that aspect.

With all that being said on draft night I wanted Russell Wilson soooooooo bad. He was 24 at the time I believe and Brock was 22. We chose a true Backup with upside over a pro ready instant offense guy because we didn't want Manning to fear for his job by all accounts. 

Since that night I realize you should never not draft a qb for the fear of a locker room division. You draft to make the Denver Broncos the best they can be long term. 

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

Justin Simmons OTC 2019 valuation 

2019 OTC Valuation: $11,588,000

Connor McGovern 

2019 OTC Valuation: $7,882,000

Shelby Harris

2019 OTC Valuation: $7,754,000

Colby Wadman is shocking making 570k

2019 OTC Valuation: $2,533,000

I guess my hatred for him is misguided. 

Brandon McManus  making 4million

2019 OTC Valuation: $2,812,000

- tells me we upgrade kicker before punter.

DeMarcus Walker ( making 1.3 m)

Valuation 3.3 mill hes never going to be a homerun pick but he's not a bust.

AJ Johnson ( 570 k)

2019 OTC Valuation: $5,598,000 that's bananas. 

Edited by thebestever6