Week 10 GDT: NY Giants vs. NY Jets @ 1:00pm EST

Giants4eva

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

The mistake isn’t even taking him. It’s us not doing everything we can to build around him. Build around the offensive line . 

The mistake was taken him. You don’t build around a RB.

Solder was a major bust, outside of that we drafted a guard and traded for another. Gettleman has tried, but failed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

The mistake was taken him. You don’t build around a RB.

Solder was a major bust, outside of that we drafted a guard and traded for another. Gettleman has tried, but failed.

Dallas have dominated us the past 3 years because they have built around Zeke. You absolutely can build around a RB. 

What you can’t do is take the RB and neglect with the pieces around him. I think whether we pick Saquon or not, we’d still be where we are today. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Dallas have dominated us the past 3 years because they have built around Zeke. You absolutely can build around a RB. 

What you can’t do is take the RB and neglect with the pieces around him. I think whether we pick Saquon or not, we’d still be where we are today. 

Let’s see how long zeke can last at a high level. Would the cowboys be better having a good rb at a lower salary and using that money elsewhere?

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

The mistake isn’t even taking him. It’s us not doing everything we can to build around him. Build around the offensive line . 

Weird, I remember trashing you for insisting on taking Quinton Nelson (your take ages a lot better).I think I wanted Darnold and you were an Eli apologist?

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Let’s see how long zeke can last at a high level. Would the cowboys be better having a good rb at a lower salary and using that money elsewhere?

I don’t doubt that Saquon is a top 3 back, but it’s kind of disturbing that Nick Chubb has been just as productive 30 picks later.

50 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I don’t doubt that Saquon is a top 3 back, but it’s kind of disturbing that Nick Chubb has been just as productive 30 picks later.

We can play that with any positions, but it’s not a good use of resources to use the #2 pick on a RB

7 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Gettleman knows how to build a team and he has done a better than average job at drafting. We could do much worse than him as GM. Shurmur has always been a loser. He always will be a loser. We need a new coaching staff. Even Mcgaughey hasn't had the ST playing well this year. 

When your team is constantly picking in the top 10 it is very hard not have to an above average draft. I'll give him credit for Saquon because he got a franchise qb a year later.  Other than that I have not liked how he has put this team together. The Leonard Williams  trade is looking more and more  one sided for the Jets. 

10 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Weird, I remember trashing you for insisting on taking Quinton Nelson (your take ages a lot better).I think I wanted Darnold and you were an Eli apologist?

Yeah I did want Quenton Nelson but for some reason after we picked Saquon I started to be ok with the pick. My take was that don’t take Darnold coz he ain’t gonna be better than Eli in year 1 and if Eli sucks again we’ll be right back there to get another potential franchise QB.

9 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

When your team is constantly picking in the top 10 it is very hard not have to an above average draft. I'll give him credit for Saquon because he got a franchise qb a year later.  Other than that I have not liked how he has put this team together. The Leonard Williams  trade is looking more and more  one sided for the Jets. 

Even JR was able to sign anyone he wanted 3 years ago, and now we’re giving up a high pick just to have a better chance at convincing a slightly above average player to resign?

I think DG only cares about letting another one of “Reese’s guys” walk and succeed elsewhere (in this case Dalvin Tomlinson) instead of working with the talent he was left with.

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

So since the SB, we’ve had only two winning seasons. Yikes. 

I was just saying to my dad that all of this losing has made me so grateful for those two Super Bowls and all of those old Giants players. 

Even though the team sucks right now, at least we've seen Super Bowl wins