Is Kyler the most talent rookie to play since Luck?

AntonChigurh

1 hour ago, AntonChigurh said:

Plenty, just assembling gifs of throws that only Pat and Arod could do consistently

Could you share some throws of Kyler’s similar to or greater than what we’ve seen the NFL elite do week-in and week-out?

Edited by Yin-Yang

None of those display exceptional arm talent, more so awesome ball placement/accuracy. 

EDIT: And he’s not sniffing elite yet. Or better than Watson. Or more accurate than Mahomes. And also doesn’t have the arm of Rodgers. Whatever you’re smoking, I’d like some!

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, AntonChigurh said:

Murray has a lower interception rate than Watson. 

I actually dont think Watson is actually significally better at reading a defense than Murray. Murray has kept his int rate, i believe lowest rate in the league. 

Murray is 13th in the NFL in INT rate. You could at least do a quick Google search if you're going to claim something statistical.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Murray is 13th in the NFL in INT rate. You could at least do a quick Google search if you're going to claim something statistical.

Thanks, that's what I get for taking someone's word on stats. Middle of the pack isn't going to work.

On top of that, he's 30th in TD percentage, too. Tied with Mitchell Trubisky, behind Sam Darnold. Gardner Minshew is well ahead of him at 22...

That's not elite... nowhere near elite actually.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Thanks, that's what I get for taking someone's word on stats. Middle of the pack isn't going to work.

On top of that, he's 30th in TD percentage, too. Tied with Mitchell Trubisky, behind Sam Darnold. Gardner Minshew is well ahead of him at 22...

At this point, I just assume if someone tacks on "I believe" or "I think" after posting a statistic, it's really just a way to say something not true, and if they get called on it, they can go back and say "Well, I saw it said somewhere by someone two weeks ago."

He also used Arizona being 6th in YAC to say Murray has better ball placement than Mahomes despite Mahomes having likely thrown for more YAC despite missing 2 1/2 games (KC is about 400 yards ahead of Arizona in that regard. I don't actually have a YAC breakdown by QB, but I know Moore didn't throw for 400 YAC.)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ET80 said:

Reading a defense, pocket awareness, accuracy, evading a pass rush while keeping his eyes downfield, maintaining his balance to avoid sacks while finding open targets downfield, winning football games... Pretty much all the ones that matter. 

Because playing QB is SO MUCH more than arm strength and athleticism. Joe Montana and Tom Brady are the gold standards at QB, nobody would ever say that they had elite arm strength or athleticism. Accuracy was on point, but they also knew how to read a defense and create openings for receivers to get open. They don't have to play in a modified Air Raid offense, where there are no pre snap reads - it's a fire-and-forget offense, it's the exact same system Kliff Kingsbury ran at Tech. Kyler is good in that offense... but that's not going to win football games consistently against good teams. Good defenses will figure it out, great defenses will exploit it and make Kyler look very flawed.

Kyler is OK in these items, but nowhere near the top end guys in the NFL. I struggle to where he currently ranks among his peers - maybe top 20, at absolute best? 15?

I’m not trying to be a smartass here, but have you truly watched Kyler & the Cards to come to this assessment? His offense does not look like it did at Tech or how it did the first few weeks of the season. Unlike Chip, Kliff has actually adapted. He has added a solid amount of pro-style wrinkles into his playbook.

I’m not sure why a majority of this forum is so scared to eat their crow when it comes to this guy. He has taken a historically bad offense, led by this forum’s favorite player who said the Cards would’ve made a mistake of trading, Josh Rosen, & elevated to a decently/respectable offense without having a true WR1 & a above-average OLine. 

This seems to be good company.

To think, this guy hasn’t even scratched the surface yet.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ET80 said:

Anyone who stats as a crutch for an argument doesnt have much of an argument at all 

Its obvious when you actually watch the game, Kyler has elite arm strength, accuracy and placement

And is tasked to turn water into wine with receivers who refuse to get open

This is an all time great rookie season at hand. 

Edited by AntonChigurh

55 minutes ago, AntonChigurh said:

This is an all time great rookie season at hand. 

When guys like Mitchell Trubisky, Josh Allen and Sam Darnold have a higher TD percentage... then no, it's not. It's not even the best rookie season this year, Gardner Minshew has been significantly better than Murray this year. With a weaker offense, he's absolutely outplayed Kyler in every measurable way. 

56 minutes ago, AntonChigurh said:

Anyone who stats as a crutch for an argument doesnt have much of an argument at all

You're the one who introduced the stat. Nobody brought up INT percentage ...until you did. Not our fault that you were making stuff up. Not our fault that we called you on your crap. Not our fault that we used th actual truth against you. What you're doing here is called backtracking... but that's to be expected, given you're arguing a lost position.

So, re-think how you want to frame your argument next time. Don't bring up stats that are wrong, and we won't turn it against your argument. You'll get further along, even if your position is just painfully wrong.

57 minutes ago, AntonChigurh said:

Its obvious when you actually watch the game, Kyler has elite arm strength, accuracy and placement

It's obvious that Mahomes, Watson and Jackson are significantly better at this point, too. But, you don't seem to get that. That's why we're here.

Given this back and forth, you're determined to get the final word in, no matter how absurd it is - from making up stats to going on about what's "obvious" and trying to quantify things by using the ever so unreliable "eye-test", you're determined to die on this hill, even though Kyler is currently getting outplayed by a 6th round pick in Jacksonville who just got benched for Nick Foles.

But, believe what you want to believe. I think I've proven myself above and beyond the point of reasonable doubt to anyone paying attention, but go ahead and get in your last response... I'm done proving you wrong.

• Like 1