Our Run Defense Scheme is Broken AF

AlexGreen#20

3 hours ago, deathstar said:

Without addressing the actual content, it’s funny that we only see these types of threads when there’s a perceived failing on our team. 

This one is better than the Rodgers not being a good presnap QB to be fair. This is a bigger issue with our team vs the run.

10 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

This one is better than the Rodgers not being a good presnap QB to be fair. This is a bigger issue with our team vs the run.

It’s 2019, should we care if teams run the ball? I thought passing is exponentially more important.

14 minutes ago, deathstar said:

It’s 2019, should we care if teams run the ball? I thought passing is exponentially more important.

If you can run the ball on a defense with ease, you're gonna win the game easier and faster than throwing the ball. Yes we should care, because the 2 games we have lost have been because of our ineptitude of stopping the run. We wont go far in the playoffs if we cant.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

Most competent OC will realize that if the run is there and it is a consistent 5+ yards, you need to take it.   CHI did GB a favor by not running the ball much at all in the opener.  

2 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

If you can run the ball on a defense with ease, you're gonna win the game easier and faster than throwing the ball. Yes we should care, because the 2 games we have lost have been because of our ineptitude of stopping the run. We wont go far in the playoffs if we cant.

We lost vs LA bc our offense could do nothing and caused our D to get gassed.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Most competent OC will realize that if the run is there and it is a consistent 5+ yards, you need to take it.   CHI did GB a favor by not running the ball much at all in the opener.  

We aren’t giving up 5+ yards per carry. Should we ignore all of the data that says stopping the pass is more important?

4 hours ago, deathstar said:

We aren’t giving up 5+ yards per carry. Should we ignore all of the data that says stopping the pass is more important?

4.7 is pretty damn close. I just dont know how you think this isnt a concern. We are daring teams to run against us and we cant stop the run lol. We are going to lose more games if Pettine continues to play his defense like this. 

4 hours ago, cannondale said:

Since we aren't stopping the pass either, overlooking concern is amateur hour

Literally the only problem with our pass defense is giving up occasional big plays. Think overlooking those in favor of run defense is “amateur hour”, whatever that means.

1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

4.7 is pretty damn close. I just dont know how you think this isnt a concern. We are daring teams to run against us and we cant stop the run lol. We are going to lose more games if Pettine continues to play his defense like this. 

Because it has had a marginal effect on whether we win or lose a game. Hey I’m not saying that it’s nothing. To my original point it’s just funny that we only see these threads to complain about some aspect of the team.