This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I just prefer to run outside. Only indoor workouts I do Is pumping iron 

So do I. By far. The treadmill is what it is....forced exercise fit in when broader opportunity cant be taken advantage of (read: crack of dawn). I do bunch of stuff at the gym. Machines, core classes and what they call body pump: free weights (I use a straight bar as opposed to dumbbells) in an aerobic setting. I'm not interested in mass anymore. Just tightness, definition and strength.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

Imo there’s plenty of space between specifically asking for something and having the husband just deciding it’s just time for his wife to get fit. The scenario that came into my head was one where the wife’s been talking about wanting to be better at going to the gym but just struggling to find the time to make the trip over, which is a sentiment shared by I’d say most people I know at some time or other. In that case it’s not about the husband trying to impose something on his wife, but enabling her to do the things she wants. Certainly there’s versions of the story that are ugly but I think the problem comes when you take something that has one plausible negative interpretation and then treating it like because it can be interpreted that way, that’s the only story that matters, which seems to be the basis of this and all sorts of similar episodes. 

Imo if my partner got me a peloton out of the blue the convo we’d be having wouldn’t be about body image but financial choices

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Exactly. Nobody who valued his marriage would....unless he was a self absorbed nitwit. 
Not a problem. You didnt start anything. It's been all over social media for days.
Luckily I'd seen the commercial before the nit-pickers started picking it apart.
That faux dissension is a problem in this society. We cant take the obvious for what it is - obvious. Common sense. Simple.

I saw it before too and zero crossed my mind either. Agreed 100000% on the faux outrage stuff. It's out of control.

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Running outside in December sucks ***

Get a Peleton

Running in the cold was my favorite. I got DQd in HS once for refuses to wear sweats at a XC meet lol. 

Edited by Norm

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yes, with the exception of the fact that every trail and sidewalk is a busted ankle waiting to happen, it's not bad.

That caveat however kinda blows it for me lol

Yeah I thought of that after that all you meant was ice. That def sucks. Walking on it is annoying enough.

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yes, with the exception of the fact that every trail and sidewalk is a busted ankle waiting to happen, it's not bad.

That caveat however kinda blows it for me lol

Idk what the heck you’re talking about. It’s the perfect texture and very low impact

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norm said:

I kept putting off a reply here but kinda this. I GET what there was to be mad about, what blows my mind is how big it got nationally. It was on my freaking local 6 o clock news, which is what prompted all of this.

It is pretty interesting how much there is to break down inside that 30 seconds though, like AG did. 

You live in South Dakota. There wasn't any snow storm to interview a disheveled middle aged man shoveling his driveway about today, must not have been any cats stuck in a tree or any poorly performed grade school Christmas musicals to send someone live to, so they pulled up Twitter and decided to make an exercise bike the top story. Seems like a normal day in small town America.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Idk what the heck you’re talking about. It’s the perfect texture and very low impact

Literally see my post above.

"Oh some people are running in the snow over there, go interview them and we'll lead with that." This is how you make news in places where no news happens. Lol.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You live in South Dakota. There wasn't any snow storm to interview a disheveled middle aged man shoveling his driveway about today, must not have been any cats stuck in a tree or any poorly performed grade school Christmas musicals to send someone live to, so they pulled up Twitter and decided to make an exercise bike the top story. Seems like a normal day in small town America.

No seriously, this is super ******* accurate. It's unreal how trivial and stupid the **** they put on there. I don't watch it but it's always on at the bar. 

The shoveling driveway thing is just so on point lol. Every damn day it seems like. 

• Like 1