This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I use a chrome add in. 

Which game are you looking at?

Championship game.  That first sack he basically expected two defenders to stop covering Jones split out.  Also, give Rodgers like 1.5 more seconds and Graham is wide open on that first sack.  Wide open for like 50 yards.   

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@AlexGreen#20, how do you get gifs on Gamepass?  I know there's not an option to do it on Gamepass, but how do you do it?

First drive, 3rd and 10, Graham would have had first down.  Punt. 

Yep, blew it completely.

He's supposed to be reading the LB. If the LB goes to Jones, the ball should go to Graham. Instead he had it in his head to go to Jones before the snap even happened. He never took his eyes off Jones. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Championship game.  That first sack he basically expected two defenders to stop covering Jones split out.  Also, give Rodgers like 1.5 more seconds and Graham is wide open on that first sack.  Wide open for like 50 yards.   

The first sack was a follow concept. Again, read the LB. If the LB goes to Graham, the ball goes to Jones, if the LB splits out to Jones, the ball goes to Graham. Rodgers just didn't have the balls to throw it. 

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Second sack (the one he fumbled on) I wouldn't blame him for.  Nobody was open, and nobody was going to be open.  Still shouldn't have fumbled it though. 

The question on the second one has much more to do with the pre-snap. He sees the slot corner is coming off the edge, and he just doesn't make an adjustment. He had Kumerow entirely uncovered if he wanted it.

Instead he wanted the Adams v Sherman matchup going vertically, and Adams was open if he had 5 seconds to throw it, the problem was that he needed 6 blockers to block 6 rushers for those 5 seconds, and those are some elite rushers. Turner blows this protection, no doubt, but it shouldn't have been out of his hands to Kumerow for the first down long before that pressure became a problem. Look at how it's the weakside ILB that comes all the way across the formation to cover Kumerow on that stupid arrow route. 

Kumerow needed to be adjusted to a curl route with Davante running the clear out. It's absolutely inexcusable that a veteran QB is letting a trips set get covered by 2 DBs against a blitz. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

We gonna have film session Saturdays now that everyone has gamepass orrrr

I’d seriously challenge people to take advantage of this.  A whole lot of proof Of a whole lot of stuff if you actually watch it, not the broadcast angle.  

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I’d seriously challenge people to take advantage of this.  A whole lot of proof Of a whole lot of stuff if you actually watch it, not the broadcast angle.  

You want to go nuts, PFR shows targets in their game logs. You can look up every MVS target if you're so inclined