This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Everyone bout to become an expert on the read progression system of the Matt LaFleur offense. Thanks COVID-19. Just what we needed.

1. Davante Adams

2. Pump fake and see if that didn't get Adams open

3. Allen Lazard

4. Are you sure Davante Adams isn't open?

5. Davante Adams Again

6. Jimmy Graham (needs to get out of the way so I can throw to Davante Adams)

• Like 2

Everyone bout to become an expert on the read progression system of the Matt LaFleur offense. Thanks COVID-19. Just what we needed.

I'm gonna be honest with you right now, I will never grasp that side of football.  I know I won't, I admit I don't. 

I'm all about team building and that's where I feel like I can know what I'm talking about.  What works, what doesn't work with positional value, team spending, etc.  I feel like that is something that I can look at and have an informed opinion on, and as far as the X's and O's of offense and defense, I admit I don't know a terrible amount compared to others.

At the same time, watching these plays, I can still see players open.  I can still see Rodgers looking at these players that are open.  I can still see and tell that, if Rodgers threw to this player or that player, within reason, how many yards they would have, etc. 

You don't have to know everything to know and see that there are very obvious issues with Rodgers.

Whether that's him and pre-snap reads or anticipating who will be open based on each look, Rodgers can do better. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm gonna be honest with you right now, I will never grasp that side of football.  I know I won't, I admit I don't. 

I'm all about team building and that's where I feel like I can know what I'm talking about.  What works, what doesn't work with positional value, team spending, etc.  I feel like that is something that I can look at and have an informed opinion on, and as far as the X's and O's of offense and defense, I admit I don't know a terrible amount compared to others.

At the same time, watching these plays, I can still see players open.  I can still see Rodgers looking at these players that are open.  I can still see and tell that, if Rodgers threw to this player or that player, within reason, how many yards they would have, etc. 

You don't have to know everything to know and see that there are very obvious issues with Rodgers.

Whether that's him and pre-snap reads or anticipating who will be open based on each look, Rodgers can do better. 

You have access to film now, watch Brees, watch Mahomes, watch Watson etc... Do receivers routinely get open that all QBs miss or is it a sign of Rodgers decline? This is a hill you want to stand on so I'm genuinely curious what you would find.

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Davante Adams

3. Allen Lazard

5. Davante Adams Again

My biggest argument against this whole thing is that I can't fathom an entire franchise from Mark Murphy to Brian Gutenkust to Matt LaFleur to guys like Getsy trying to climb the coaching ladder all knowledgeable and content that a player on their team knowingly sabotages an offense because he doesn't like his teammates. Can't see it. We aren't the Texans or Raiders with a bunch of knobs running our franchise. Gutey had options, he would've gotten the hell out if that was the case, or surely wouldn't have signed him with 3 years left on a deal. Think he misses things like all humans, the rest I think are biased eyes trying to prove a point on tape.

• Like 2

You have access to film now, watch Brees, watch Mahomes, watch Watson etc... Do receivers routinely get open that all QBs miss or is it a sign of Rodgers decline? This is a hill you want to stand on so I'm genuinely curious what you would find.

You have it, too.  Watch it.  See. 

PySOiro.gif

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

My biggest argument against this whole thing is that I can't fathom an entire franchise from Mark Murphy to Brian Gutenkust to Matt LaFleur to guys like Getsy trying to climb the coaching ladder all knowledgeable and content that a player on their team knowingly sabotages an offense because he doesn't like his teammates. Can't see it. We aren't the Texans or Raiders with a bunch of knobs running our franchise. Gutey had options, he would've gotten the hell out if that was the case, or surely wouldn't have signed him with 3 years left on a deal. Think he misses things like all humans, the rest I think are biased eyes trying to prove a point on tape.

My biggest argument against this is his entire performance starting when Davante came back from injury:

8 games: 58.8% completion percentage/210 yards per game on 36 attempts per game/10TDs/2INTs/2 Lost Fumbles

Mitch Trubisky's last 8 games of the season: 63% completion percentage/240 yards per game on 38 attempts per game/12 TDs/7INTs/1 Lost Fumble

The list of guys with a lower passer rating over the season than Rodgers' last eight games: Mitch Trubisky, Mason Rudolph, Kyle Allen, Baker Mayfield, Andy Dalton. End of List

Edited by AlexGreen#20

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

My biggest argument against this is his entire performance starting when Davante came back from injury:

8 games: 58.8% completion percentage/210 yards per game on 36 attempts per game/10TDs/2INTs/2 Lost Fumbles

Mitch Trubisky's last 8 games of the season: 63% completion percentage/240 yards per game on 38 attempts per game/12 TDs/7INTs/1 Lost Fumble

The list of guys with a lower passer rating over the season than Rodgers' last eight games: Mitch Trubisky, Mason Rudolph, Kyle Allen, Baker Mayfield, Andy Dalton. End of List

Yeah, it wasn't good enough. I just refuse to believe so many well respected men are OK allowing one man who is below them on the totem pole to have a stranglehold on their manhood and do as he pleases with no repercussions.

There's an Aaron Rodgers Depreciation thread, please use it.
Post until your fingers fall off. Run gifs until there's no more bandwidth left

But kindly leave the other threads for us to discuss other topics. This one is even called " This Ain't Packer Talk"  yet here you are...
Come on guys, that's not asking too much.

@AlexGreen#20  @Outpost31

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/13195-5th-down-depreciation-thread/?tab=comments#comment-1177324

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah, it wasn't good enough. I just refuse to believe so many well respected men are OK allowing one man who is below them on the totem pole to have a stranglehold on their manhood and do as he pleases with no repercussions.

What are they going to do, cut him?

A QB with a $150+ million dollar contract who's beloved by the fans is more powerful than anybody else in the organization when there isn't an active owner in place. If Rodgers and Murphy get into a public feud, Rodgers probably wins that feud and the fans vote out Murphy. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Davante Adams

3. Allen Lazard

5. Davante Adams Again

Laughed. 

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Yes or no?  James Starks is a Packer Hall of Famer?

Hell no

Rodgers will make it.

Charles Woodson will make it.

Jordy Nelson will make it.

Clay Matthews might make it.

Davante Adams might make it.

David Bakhtiari might make it.

Unless I'm missing somebody, I don't think anybody else has a shot. 

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What are they going to do, cut him?

A QB with a $150+ million dollar contract who's beloved by the fans is more powerful than anybody else in the organization when there isn't an active owner in place. If Rodgers and Murphy get into a public feud, Rodgers probably wins that feud and the fans vote out Murphy. 

They sure as hell didn't have to give him an extension with 3 years left if he was that much of an issue.