Week 11 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

11 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

Any reason wby our run game has been **** all year?I thought it had been good but Ive been told its not. Ani missing something here?

1st in attempts 

2nd in yards

3rd in touchdowns 

11th in YPA

This was before today. Rankings will take a hit, but they haven't been horrible this year.

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

1st in attempts 

2nd in yards

3rd in touchdowns 

11th in YPA

This was before today. Rankings will take a hit, but they haven't been horrible this year.

We have had some really great performances like against Cincy/Cleveland/Carolina, but overall wouldn't say it has been all that great. In fact, after the Cleveland game, it has been down right average at best, and that is with including the Carolina game. Of course during that stretch we have/had been without Staley/Juice/McGlinchey/Kittle. 

6 hours ago, Dub_City30 said:

Any reason wby our run game has been **** all year?I thought it had been good but Ive been told its not. Ani missing something here?

we were 2nd in the NFL in rushing coming into this game, WTF are you talking about?

the cardinals gameplan was to stack the box and make Jimmy beat them. Well, Jimmy beat them

I said this to you last week, most of what you say doesn't make any ****ing sense to me

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, N4L said:

we were 2nd in the NFL in rushing coming into this game, WTF are you talking about?

the cardinals gameplan was to stack the box and make Jimmy beat them. Well, Jimmy beat them

I said this to you last week, most of what you say doesn't make any ****ing sense to me

Repeating myself, but the run game has NOT been good overall since the Browns game. Had one dominant performance against Carolina since then and the rest have been mediocre to just bad. 

57 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Repeating myself, but the run game has NOT been good overall since the Browns game. Had one dominant performance against Carolina since then and the rest have been mediocre to just bad. 

opponents getting wiser to our tendencies and tells... losing starters that block better than backups.. our RBs getting dinged up and sometimes playing through them...

All these apply, I would think.  

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

opponents getting wiser to our tendencies and tells... losing starters that block better than backups.. our RBs getting dinged up and sometimes playing through them...

All these apply, I would think.  

Absolutely. Like I mentioned yesterday, it is unrealistic not to expect a drop off after having the amount of injuries we have had on both sides of the ball. Just how the game goes.

But no doubt the Cards/Seahawks have stacked the box to take away the run game. Let's see if that continues once Kittle returns, but likely will. And quite frankly I'm fine with it as Kittle/Sanders/Deebo will have plenty of one on one opportunities. 

Oh yeah, the Rams often used 6-1 front look against us that teams use against them. 

But yeah, if Staley can get back healthy and our passing game delivers, our run game should get back on track soon enough. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dub_City30 said:

There is a lack of creativity in the past few games. For most of the first half of the season, the 49ers were running jet sweeps and misdirections, pulling linemen, etc. on just about every running play. They were running angle plays to get our speedy RBs on the edge to do damage. Now, it's just a straight handoff up the gut - that's it... 

The creativity has vanished and so has our run game.