Perine

LoganF89

I was pretty shocked to see him not to have logged a single carry. We couldnt get anything going on the ground. I know our Oline didnt look great against  the eagles but there were some holes that kelly did miss. he did a lot of studder stepping in the backfield. 

How long do you guys think it will be before we get Perine some carries? I would of figured he would have had at least two or three

7 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I was pretty shocked to see him not to have logged a single carry. We couldnt get anything going on the ground. I know our Oline didnt look great against  the eagles but there were some holes that kelly did miss. he did a lot of studder stepping in the backfield. 

How long do you guys think it will be before we get Perine some carries? I would of figured he would have had at least two or three

i would assume he sacks at pass blocking which why he isnt on the field

Like Mar said, the issue with Perine is he's not up to par on all of the pass protection and given that we are pass first, that's very important.

I imagine that Kelley will continue to get most of the caries - although I personally think Thompson should get an even split w/ Kelley or even more carries l. The only way I see Perine becoming our starting running back is if Kelley really continues to stink up the joint with less than 50 yard performances and continues to not averaged over 3 ypc.

Ive never been sold that Kelley should be our definite starting back and not have any true competition for that job and I don't think it was a true competition.

Dating back to the last month of last season, Kelley is averaging just over 3 yards per carry, which is worse than Matt Jones or Alfred Morris ever did in their time.

Of course, Jones is a different case because of the fumbling issues but Alfred Morris should still be on our roster and would be our staring running back if he was today but some in the front office wanted to hand the job to Matt Jones, so Morris wasn't even offered a contract by us. Really sad and a huge mistake!

He's probably in the same boat as Doctson in that he has to earn playing time.

I say go for it but I don't think it will do much. The Redskins offensive line just simply isn't opening up holes. You can only do so much when you're getting hit a yard or two behind the LOS. Glad that we have the number 6 paid LT, the number 2 paid LT, and two guards in the top 40 of salary. Clearly, paying off.

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Drafting talented RBs for Jay is like buying condoms for Antonio Cromartie, neither will be used so what's the point...

Giovani Bernard says hi. Oh, and it wasn't Jay's decision to draft Matt Jones, hand him the job last season with no completion and to not re-sign Morris. That was someone else's decision.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Giovani Bernard says hi. Oh, and it wasn't Jay's decision to draft Matt Jones, hand him the job last season with no completion and to not re-sign Morris. That was someone else's decision.

He had under 700 yards with Jay. He caught a bunch of passes though so that's my point. Jays RB may as well be another receiver. 

And don't even go there. It was reported several times Jay wanted to move on from Morris. He also phased him out completely by the middle of Jones rookie year. Jay didn't want Alf. 

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He had under 700 yards with Jay. He caught a bunch of passes though so that's my point. Jays RB may as well be another receiver. 

And don't even go there. It was reported several times Jay wanted to move on from Morris. He also phased him out completely by the middle of Jones rookie year. Jay didn't want Alf. 

Well then it was mutual agreement then because the guy who drafted Jones and had main recommendations of who we draft, sign and cut wanted Jones to play also. 

Bernard had 700 yards with Jay because Jay split time between him and BenJarvus Green-Ellis in 2013. BJGE had 1,100 yds & 7 TDs in 2012. In 2013 he and Bernard split carries. BJGE had 750 yards while Bernard had 695. So, 759+ 700 = 1450 total. 

Just now, Jeezy Fanatic said:

The idea that we have a top 5 overall pick at guard and still can't run the football for anything is honestly pretty hilarious 

I wonder how much of that is due to a lack practicing/planning for a run game ...

13 minutes ago, Woz said:

I wonder how much of that is due to a lack practicing/planning for a run game ...

I think that's our greatest problem because I know it's a small sample size but the first two weeks of 2015 when we were committed to the run more and used Nsekhe as a blocking TE - something Gruden did w/other OTs in Cincy but stopped doing here - we rushed for an average of 150 yards those two games.

If we don't practice the run constantly and keep trying it to get into a rhythm, we will never become a good running team again. Practice makes perfect.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I think that's our greatest problem because I know it's a small sample size but the first two weeks of 2015 when we were committed to the run more and used Nsekhe as a blocking TE - something Gruden did w/other OTs in Cincy but stopped doing here - we rushed for an average of 150 yards those two games.

If we don't practice the run constantly and keep trying it to get into a rhythm, we will never become a good running team again. Practice makes perfect.

Again, this points to a lack of planning/optimization ... a coaching issue.

Honestly I WAS THE GM I would call the titans about Derrick Henry or Coleman from the falcons and see what the price is . We easily could get one of them who seems to have a future .

reality is this we should give Kelly one more try if he does bad than cut him and sign a guy like Deangelo Williams or Ryan Mathews and rotate around with Perine .. I rather have those three than a kelly .

mac brown should get a shot if anything .

Archived