Week 11 Non Vikings Games

SemperFeist

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

You clearly don't know multiple women that have been abused.....one of whom is now dead because of it.

Wasn't trying to derail the thread with anything but a light-hearted joke at the expense of my wife and the neanderthal/vikings stories we've joked about one time or another throughout the years. I don't even own a helmet. 

8 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Bears should have another tryout for kickers and invite the soccer players

That might not be a bad idea. Toni Fritsch made it work when he played for Dallas. (Funny story about him: he injured his right leg in practice once, and instead of going on IR he just started kicking left-footed.)

Edited by y*so*blu

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

On what. I haven't really been paying attention

They gave the 49ers the first down on the play right before their game winning touchdown. The receiver never got the ball beyond the marker, and they were too cowardly to make the correct call off of the review. 

The correct call would have made it 4th down and the 49ers would have likely attempted the game tying FG. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

They gave the 49ers the first down on the play right before their game winning touchdown. The receiver never got the ball beyond the marker, and they were too cowardly to make the correct call off of the review. 

The correct call would have made it 4th down and the 49ers would have likely attempted the game tying FG. 

I thought it looked like he got it and was contacted right away

24 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

The non interference call in the Baltimore game today makes me wonder if they get rid of reviews on pass interference. It was blatant, and they refused to make the right call. The announcers and rules expert couldn't stop talking about how the NFL just won't over rule bad interference calls. 

The NFL has a few problem with the officials and one of the biggest is that they don’t want to bruise the ego of fellow officials and overturn calls. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The NFL has a few problem with the officials and one of the biggest is that they don’t want to bruise the ego of fellow officials and overturn calls. 

NFL needs to go the same way as MLS and have a dedicated video review ref for each game that can take a look independent of the on-field official.