Ja Morant vs Trae Young

resilient part 2

Ja Morant vs. Trae Young, who do you build your team around  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Two very young, talented but slender point guards, if you had to pick one going forward to build your team around who do you build your team around going forward?

• Ja
    • Trae

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh, I know they aren't in the same tier as far as talent goes. I'm just saying, I don't see him as a transcendent talent nor do I see him as someone that can lead his team as a winner. Just too much to overcome even with his ability with the basketball. I've always been a guy that's disliked all offense, no defense types so it's not exclusive to Trae. You know this. I dunno. I get why people like Trae but he's not the kind of guy that's going to win you a title. I think he's closer to a Kyrie Irving than a James Harden. 

I think he’s somewhere between the two. But I feel you. He needs a really good front office and I’m not sure he has it. I’m a sucker for amazing passers and he is up there as far as guards I’ve ever seen 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, champ11 said:

IT was incredible that season as a scorer but he’s never had the talent that Trae has at breaking a defense down with his handling and passing. 

that's a fair statement, can't argue that,. I guess my whole point is even if he is as good as you say offensively, his lack of defense will always cause problems. The Hawks need, perhaps more than anyone a true Rudy Gobert  type of defensive stud. A player like that would help Trae/Hawks get up to another level or 2. Until then Atlanta will have huge defensive struggles.

Edited by resilient part 2

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

that's a fair statement, can't argue that,. I guess my whole point is even if he is as good as you say offensively, his lack of defense will always cause problems. The Hawks need, perhaps more than anyone a true Rudy Gobert  type of defensive stud. A player like that would help Trae/Hawks get up to another level or 2. Until then Atlanta will have huge defensive struggles.

Totally agreed. Trae needs to become a decent defender (better than IT was) IE Steph Curry and the team needs to surround him with excellent defenders to be like a playoff series winning player. We'll see. IT's efficiency that season was incredible as a scorer man. Really crazy 

20 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He flat out doesn't impact the game enough on both ends. You can't be the worst defender in the league and have any type of positive impact. Young will always be an empty stats player. 

Actually you can. His elite offensive impact is greater than his terrible defense. Think of Steve Nash who was in a similar situation. It's backed up statistically with him being the #1 offensive PG in the NBA and #2 worst defensive. You seem to consistently make poor Trae arguments. He didn't fade last season as you claimed he got better as the year went on. He hasn't cooled off at all like you said he would and he's not an empty stats player. He's also putting up 29-9 on 58.9% TS with On/Off of +7.9 on a team that's 9-32.

Edited by Bullet Club

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Actually you can. His elite offensive impact is greater than his terrible defense. Think of Steve Nash who was in a similar situation. It's backed up statistically with him being the #1 offensive PG in the NBA and #2 worst defensive. You seem to consistently make poor Trae arguments. He didn't fade last season as you claimed he got better as the year went on. He hasn't cooled off at all like you said he would and he's not an empty stats player. He's also putting up 29-9 on 58.9% TS with On/Off of +7.9 on a team that's 9-32.

Not an empty stats player

Team is 9-32

Okay

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Did you ignore the part where the team is significantly better when he's playing than when he's not or...?

9-32

That's worse than the Knicks, Cavs and Hornets. If Young was more than an empty stats player at this point in his career, they wouldn't be. It's not like there's a significant gap in talent between those teams. Especially if Trae is a franchise guy, the Hawks would be the only team with one out of that group. 

Those teams all blow *** and Young makes no difference. He's Cleveland Kyrie. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

9-32

That's worse than the Knicks, Cavs and Hornets. If Young was more than an empty stats player at this point in his career, they wouldn't be. It's not like there's a significant gap in talent between those teams. Especially if Trae is a franchise guy, the Hawks would be the only team with one out of that group. 

Those teams all blow *** and Young makes no difference. He's Cleveland Kyrie. 

Have you looked at the Hawks top played players this year or you going to continue to guess on things and continue to be wrong on all of them? Their second and third best players have missed over half the season. Trae Young is nothing like Kyrie Irving. Kyrie is a headcase whose offense is impactless because he doesn't get others involved. Trae is far closer to Steve Nash. An incredibly flawed player who has an elite offensive impact. Can you win a title with him as your best player? Probably not but he's nowhere near an empty stats guy.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Not an empty stats player

Team is 9-32

Okay

Who’s to say that they’re not 4-36 without him? Did MJ’s stats magically become less empty when he got Scottie, Grant, and Oak?

D-Wade put up almost identical stats in a 15 win year and a 44 win year.

LeBron has warped your expectations that great players can singlehandedly make crap rosters a winner. Trae is not LeBron. He is not Giannis.

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Have you looked at the Hawks top played players this year or you going to continue to guess on things and continue to be wrong on all of them? Their second and third best players have missed over half the season. Trae Young is nothing like Kyrie Irving. Kyrie is a headcase whose offense is impactless because he doesn't get others involved. Trae is far closer to Steve Nash. An incredibly flawed player who has an elite offensive impact. Can you win a title with him as your best player? Probably not but he's nowhere near an empty stats guy.

Have you looked at the rosters of those other teams as well? They are just as trash as the Hawks overall. Trae is what he is. He's a box score guy. The on court impact doesn't reflect the stat line. 

LIS, time will tell. You call me wrong but never addressed my concerns with him that I posted last night. They are the same concerns I had with him coming out and he's done nothing to qualm my fears. It is what it is. 

5 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Who’s to say that they’re not 4-36 without him? Did MJ’s stats magically become less empty when he got Scottie, Grant, and Oak?

D-Wade put up almost identical stats in a 15 win year and a 44 win year.

LeBron has warped your expectations that great players can singlehandedly make crap rosters a winner. Trae is not LeBron. He is not Giannis.

Trae isn't Wade or MJ so those are piss poor examples. It is what it is. LIS, time will tell. 

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Have you looked at the rosters of those other teams as well? They are just as trash as the Hawks overall. Trae is what he is. He's a box score guy. The on court impact doesn't reflect the stat line. 

LIS, time will tell. You call me wrong but never addressed my concerns with him that I posted last night. They are the same concerns I had with him coming out and he's done nothing to qualm my fears. It is what it is. 

Lazy argument...the Hawks’ roster is Charlotte Bobcats bad. Cam Reddish is the Michael Jordan of suck. The difference between him and Dorian-Finney Smith is at least 3 wins lol.