Ja Morant vs Trae Young

resilient part 2

Ja Morant vs. Trae Young, who do you build your team around  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Two very young, talented but slender point guards, if you had to pick one going forward to build your team around who do you build your team around going forward?

• Ja
    • Trae

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

So do you think James Harden, for example, made enough strides defensively? Or is just that much of a transcendent talent offensively? Because, IMO, Trae has transcendent offensive talent which is why I could see him being a great player. 

James is an elite post defender for his position while also being the most gifted offensive player arguably of all time. 

There's no way Trae is a transcendent offensive talent. He's never going to be the guy to carry you like Harden has. The Trae hype is, and always has been, absurd. 

Edited by beekay414

Young will never be better than he is now. He's never going to be an elite shooter, he's never going to be a great finisher due to his size and he's never going to be a threat on defense. He is what he is. Just because players are young doesn't always mean there's more ceiling. 

44 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Young will never be better than he is now. He's never going to be an elite shooter, he's never going to be a great finisher due to his size and he's never going to be a threat on defense. He is what he is. Just because players are young doesn't always mean there's more ceiling. 

The guy is clearly a basketball savant as a passer and how he manipulates a defense. I don’t necessarily think he’ll be a superstar but this take seems preemptive to me bro. There are plenty of special talents offensively that have done enough to get where they need to on the defense end. I think Trae may be one of those special talents 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

The guy is clearly a basketball savant as a passer and how he manipulates a defense. I don’t necessarily think he’ll be a superstar but this take seems preemptive to me bro. There are plenty of special talents offensively that have done enough to get where they need to on the defense end. I think Trae may be one of those special talents 

I don't know, he reminds me of when IT was on Boston and how Boston always had to over help to protect IT on defense and that led to a breakdown of the entire defense at times. I don't know what the team's defense looks like overall, but I am guessing Atlanta is near bottom in that category. Not trying to knock your opinion, just saying. ;) peace..

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

He's putting up virtually the same splits as Harden.

I think it's silly to claim a player is at his ceiling when he's massively improved in his second year. That's an indefensible position (no pun intended).

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 1

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

He's putting up virtually the same splits as Harden.

I think it's silly to claim a player is at his ceiling when he's massively improved in his second year. That's an indefensible position.

Guess we'll see. 

I said it about Kuzma, I said it about Randle, I've said it numerous times so this isn't particular to Young. I don't see where he grows his game and I pointed that out. Being young doesn't always mean there's more to the ceiling. He isn't going to be better than 29/9 like he's doing now unless you truly believe he's some transcendent scorer. He's barely 6 foot and he's a limited athlete. He's capped at a certain ceiling and we're most likely looking at it.

And overall impact, he's nowhere near Harden. Splits be damned. 

James is an elite post defender for his position while also being the most gifted offensive player arguably of all time. 

There's no way Trae is a transcendent offensive talent. He's never going to be the guy to carry you like Harden has. The Trae hype is, and always has been, absurd. 

Who... are. You....?

Kuzma and Randle were trash from the beginning...and I have no problem writing off kids like Kevin Knox as busts. I don't care about Trae's boxscore stats' either.

Once again, Harden's splits are virtually the same as they were 8 years ago but he's sooooo much better now that the roster was built in his image and he's added floaters and stepbacks to his arsenal. I'm looking for the improvements that manifest themselves in the offense as a whole.

Guess we'll see. 

I said it about Kuzma, I said it about Randle, I've said it numerous times so this isn't particular to Young. I don't see where he grows his game and I pointed that out. Being young doesn't always mean there's more to the ceiling. He isn't going to be better than 29/9 like he's doing now unless you truly believe he's some transcendent scorer. He's barely 6 foot and he's a limited athlete. He's capped at a certain ceiling and we're most likely looking at it.

And overall impact, he's nowhere near Harden. Splits be damned. 

Kuz and Randle are actually *** tho. Not in the same league talent wise. But yeah Harden is of course one of the greatest offensive players ever. I just haven’t seen many players break the gravity of a basketball court like Trae. People thought Jokic was going to be a losing player bc of his defense and he’s a superstar. I’m just a believer in Trae’s talent but he has a long way to go. 

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't know, he reminds me of when IT was on Boston and how Boston always had to over help to protect IT on defense and that led to a breakdown of the entire defense at times. I don't know what the team's defense looks like overall, but I am guessing Atlanta is near bottom in that category. Not trying to knock your opinion, just saying. ;) peace..

IT was incredible that season as a scorer but he’s never had the talent that Trae has at breaking a defense down with his handling and passing. 

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Kuz and Randle are actually *** tho. Not in the same league talent wise. But yeah Harden is of course one of the greatest offensive players ever. I just haven’t seen many players break the gravity of a basketball court like Trae. People thought Jokic was going to be a losing player bc of his defense and he’s a superstar. I’m just a believer in Trae’s talent but he has a long way to go. 

Oh, I know they aren't in the same tier as far as talent goes. I'm just saying, I don't see him as a transcendent talent nor do I see him as someone that can lead his team as a winner. Just too much to overcome even with his ability with the basketball. I've always been a guy that's disliked all offense, no defense types so it's not exclusive to Trae. You know this. I dunno. I get why people like Trae but he's not the kind of guy that's going to win you a title. I think he's closer to a Kyrie Irving than a James Harden.