Ja Morant vs Trae Young

resilient part 2

Ja Morant vs. Trae Young, who do you build your team around  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Two very young, talented but slender point guards, if you had to pick one going forward to build your team around who do you build your team around going forward?

• Ja
    • Trae

I've explained why I don't value Young. I don't need to continue to rehash it. I don't value all offense, no defense types. Never have, never will. Several of you are reactionary and look solely at box scores. Trae gets worked defensively and would need an entire team of defenders built around him in order to be even a playoff contender. That's just too much work to build around a #2 player. He's got his pluses but his warts are more glaring for me. Is what it is. I've explained it enough. 

Gimme the kid with the tools to win on both ends of the floor. I've always been that way and I'll never change. There's a reason why the Kawhi types win titles and the Carmelo types don't. 

On 1/16/2020 at 11:34 PM, beekay414 said:

@Bullet Club Well thought out post and definitely addressed a ton. 

The reason why I never addressed the Steve Nash thing is because I was never a Nash guy. I'll repeat this again. I will never be someone who fairly evaluates players that are all offense, no defense. I don't find them valuable. What good are you if you give it all right back up? That's just my thing. Always has been. Trae will always be a sieve on defense due to his lack of physical traits. For me, that's a no go. If you can't defend, I don't care about you. 

I just don't see Trae ever truly being an impact player. Nice shiny stats, no real results. That is why I keep saying "time will tell." Nobody will fairly judge that with the team he's on right now. We'll see if he ever truly wins. Is what it is. It's a preference thing to me. It's why I prefer Ja to Trae. Ja has the physical tools that Trae couldn't even dream of. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

• 6 months later...