Offseason Work to do

mwalker

16 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Thanks

So Steelers have basically a month to get things figured out. Should be interesting.

I think the cuts are pretty obvious...should be, anyway.

They will have to choose between Dupree and Hargrave.  My guess is we retain Dupree.  I still question if thats the right move, but I cant see us paying $10+mil for another DLineman.    

Aside from losing Hargrave, I see very little change on our roster going into next year...except from some depth changes.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

They will have to choose between Dupree and Hargrave.  My guess is we retain Dupree.  I still question if thats the right move, but I cant see us paying $10+mil for another DLineman.    

Aside from losing Hargrave, I see very little change on our roster going into next year...except from some depth changes.

I just mean that in order just for basic RFA tenders and probably tagging or signing at least 1 of Dupree/Hargraves, they’re gonna have to trim $15-20 mill.

I do agree some easy cuts in Chick and Barron, but after that initial $12 mill or so it gets tricky...a lot of different alternatives.

An example is the OL...A)what to do with Foster?....B)What of Finney?...C)Does Feiler stay at RT or kick inside to LG?...D)Would they even consider changing 2 spots on the OL?

Just a lot to ponder.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The biggest shakeup is probably going to be on the O-line, IMO. I bet they cut Foster and move Feiler to LG.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The biggest shakeup is probably going to be on the O-line, IMO. I bet they cut Foster and move Feiler to LG.

Not so sure they cut Foster.  They love him, view him as the leader on the line, and we are likely to lose Finney.   He isnt really making that much either.

Guess we'll see.

I wouldn't hate the idea of bringing in Demaryius Thomas. He's old and coming off a forgettable year, but we don't really have a veteran WR. He's pretty crafty and big. He hasn't played with a good QB since Manning. We could probably get him on a prove it type deal. He could play the role of move TE for us too. Sign him and plug him in as the #4 WR and our offense is improved pretty instantly. If our TEs can't get open in the middle of the field, maybe Thomas can. If he sucks, cut him. 

Resign or franchise Bud.

Cut Mark Barron.

Sign Hunter Henry

Here's my mock:
2. Albert Okwuegbunam  TE Missouri

3. Zack Moss  RB Utah

4a. Benito Jones  NT Ole Miss

4b. Jonah Jackson  G Ohio State

5. Nico Collins  WR Michigan

6. Rayshard Ashby  ILB Virginia Tech

7. Alohi Gilman  S Notre Dame

• Like 1

well, that...and why would you sign h.henry and then draft Obwuegbunam (previous poster, not you)?
Parkinson is a better blocker. Agree Pinkney is the best fit. And no, they're not elite types.
I think if we sign dupree and let hargrave get his money elsewhere DT becomes a pretty big need.

• Like 1

As far as the TEs...If you're talking about taking a TE with the 1st pick (#49) the only one worth that spot (imo) is Hopkins.  Pickney and Kmet MAY be there with the 3rd Comp and Parkinson should be and will perhaps be even into the later rds.  Given the talent difference between Pickney/Kmet and Parkinson, I'd wait a round and take Parkinson.  Then grab another need with that 3rd Rd Comp pick (DL Elliott or OG Breedson...etc.)  I like Hopkins best but I'm not sure if that's the best investment with the 1st pick.  I know I'll be called crazy but (assuming Dupree is resigned) I'd take Cam Akers with the 1st pick and I wouldn't blink. 

Cole Kmet moves to the top of the class.  I am interested for Thad Moss if he comes out.  Both of those would be worth the 2nd.  Hopkins is a weapon but not a blocker.  Would be Jesse James all over again.

I have a friend who has said that of the 5 really good RBs( Dobbins, Taylor, Akers, Swift and Etienne)  in this draft, at least 1 will be there when the Steelers pick.  I would have a really hard time taking any RB in this draft even though any of those 5 are really good.  This is a pretty deep class in RB.  I like Eno Benjamin in the 3rd but I would have a hard time justifying taking him.  Which RB do you cut?

IMHO, the Steelers need a deep threat WR, TE, IOL.  Assuming they sign Dupree, EDGE depth.  This draft class is really good in WR, RB, OT, IDL.  So do you take a TE or IOL at #49 because the class is so weak?  Or close to 1st round talent at WR because of the depth of the class?  I like Nick Harris, C, Wash.  I also like Jalen Reagor WR, TCU.  If pushed I would take Harris but there is many months before the draft.

• Like 2