Michigan State, I'm praying for you guys to beat my Terps 100-0

viper952

MSU is a bad. They only could put up 27 against Buttgers. Hell, Liberty scored more on Buttgers. The Terps blew Buttgers out 48-7.

But I would be in favor of a MSU rout if only to give Dantonio false hope that he's turning it around so I can watch his pride continue to destroy what he built for a few more years. 

I saw the pictures from the press box of the student section, and that's not a good look.  Even in the Edsall era when a coworker went there it was much more lively.  

Some of the donors and alumni really want the football program to succeed, and seeing those pictures may put pressure on the AD, but Locksley has another year at least.  If this repeats itself, he could be out after two years.  Matt Canada deserved another year after going 5-7 after the mess that he inherited.  It sucks that he is out of football this year. 

Also, I think it was a big mistake from a football perspective, and even basketball, to leave the ACC for the Big Ten.  

I think he gets another year unless someone proven shows interest.

UVA got lucky with Bronco. In someone that wanted the challenge of rebuilding a destroyed program into something. I cant say as I see another out there like that. The choice would have to be an up-n-comer from a mid like Willie Fritz from Tulane or Norvell from Memphis.

Now Norvell has met with Arkansas. Will be meeting with FSU I read. I dont think FSU would go that way, but if hes drawing major interest like that. Maybe Maryland has sense enough to jump in the mix because it is a better opening than Arkansas. But I doubt it. I betting on yall being stuck with Locksley.

9 hours ago, viper952 said:

So we can finally fire Locksley and hire a decent coach, which would be anyone off the street.

Thanks

No coach is getting fired after 1 year, and no coach is getting fired after 2 years until your program is committed to winning.

So lets put it at 0% he is fired this year, 10% he is fired next year and 90% he is fired after 2021.

On 11/23/2019 at 11:50 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I saw the pictures from the press box of the student section, and that's not a good look.  Even in the Edsall era when a coworker went there it was much more lively.  

Some of the donors and alumni really want the football program to succeed, and seeing those pictures may put pressure on the AD, but Locksley has another year at least.  If this repeats itself, he could be out after two years.  Matt Canada deserved another year after going 5-7 after the mess that he inherited.  It sucks that he is out of football this year. 

Also, I think it was a big mistake from a football perspective, and even basketball, to leave the ACC for the Big Ten.  

I don't know why people think this. It was the right move times a trillion with the money involved and we were already in a tough division in the ACC with Clemson and FSU.

Yeah, it sucks losing some of those basketball rivalries but the ACC is nowhere near what it use to be

On 11/24/2019 at 7:14 AM, SBLIII said:

No coach is getting fired after 1 year, and no coach is getting fired after 2 years until your program is committed to winning.

So lets put it at 0% he is fired this year, 10% he is fired next year and 90% he is fired after 2021.

He's getting fired If we look this atrocious in year 2.

If you give him more years then you are not committed. 

Lol at giving him 3 years. Uhhhh, this is way, way worse than just being bad

6 hours ago, viper952 said:

I don't know why people think this. It was the right move times a trillion with the money involved and we were already in a tough division in the ACC with Clemson and FSU.

Yeah, it sucks losing some of those basketball rivalries but the ACC is nowhere near what it use to be

So you exchange Clemson and FSU with Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State for football, and you lose the big basketball rivalries, which are money generators for Maryland as they are a basketball first school.  

Like I said, I appreciate that they want to be relevant for football and as a local (even though I'm not a fan) I would like them to be relevant.  But this was a bad decision if they wanted to be relevant for football, especially if it was driven by money.  That means the money is first.