Rutgers Hilariously Screws Up, Hires Greg Schiano

ramssuperbowl99

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I mean..... where is Schiano going to go? He needs to just go to Rutgers and retire.

He’s kind of radioactive.

Sucks for him cause he had the job with the Pats but knew he had the rutgers job in the bag and stepped down before the seasons, so he wasnt leaving the team late in the season or early playoffs. If I was Schiano I wouldnt just settle for that. Force them to actually invest into the program, so they can actually become successful. 

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I mean..... where is Schiano going to go? He needs to just go to Rutgers and retire.

He’s kind of radioactive.

Pretty sure he wants the Boston College job that is most likely going to open up.  He has a pretty thorough history with the AD.

Great for Rutgers. RU alum, fans, boosters, pretty much everybody wanted this done, and I guess the ensuing bad PR Hobbs got was too much not to make this deal happen. There's nobody Rutgers could realistically hire that gives them a better outlook than Schiano, and there's probably no job better suited and as well payed for Schiano as RU. Win win.

Also I love how fan backlash got Schiano fired from Tennessee. A few years later, fan backlash gets him hired. 

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

Greg Schiano and Rutgers have reached an agreement in principle that will bring the former Scarlet Knights coach back to lead the program, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The agreement was first reported by Yahoo Sports.

The move comes a week after both sides walked away from negotiations and declared the possibility of a reunion dead. After that news was first reported by Yahoo and confirmed by ESPN last Sunday, Rutgers officials faced a wave of criticism from boosters, fans and former players.

Read More: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28199490/source-rutgers-bring-back-greg-schiano-second-stint-coach

So not upgrading the facilities and adding additional budgers for the coaching staff were criticized by boosters, fans and former players.  I wonder why.  Like I said earlier, if Schiano turns things around, those upgrades pay for themselves.