Tanny "King of the" Hill- Should he be the future?

KingTitan

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

My vote remains the same: franchise him.

That's still my preferred method as well, but the ridiculous consistency he's shown since taking over as starter has slowly made me more open to a long term deal. He's hit his "drop off"(no longer completing 70+% at 10+ypa) and is still playing at a really high, top 10 QB level.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

My vote remains the same: franchise him.

I feel that we should franchise him only if is price is outrageous like asking for 28-30 mill annually & over 50-60 mill guaranteed, however if he’s willing to accept something like a 4yr 100 mill 35-45 mill guaranteed I’ll get it done, for the simple fact he’s made our offense look like a hot fudge sundae when it’s really some sh*+ 😩.  Franchising him & he balls out next year will make his price even higher 

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

That's still my preferred method as well, but the ridiculous consistency he's shown since taking over as starter has slowly made me more open to a long term deal. He's hit his "drop off"(no longer completing 70+% at 10+ypa) and is still playing at a really high, top 10 QB level.

Ultimately, it’ll all depend on the price. He’s playing great ball, no question about it. I’m just super nervous about making such a massive commitment to him, but maybe I need to take the leap of faith as a fan!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Ultimately, it’ll all depend on the price. He’s playing great ball, no question about it. I’m just super nervous about making such a massive commitment to him, but maybe I need to take the leap of faith as a fan!!

I mean no matter what the Titans will be looking for the next guy anyway

Titans won’t be picking high enough to get a franchise guy anyway so the Titans need to sign Tannehill anyway they can but also need to try and develop someone in the process 

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I mean no matter what the Titans will be looking for the next guy anyway

Titans won’t be picking high enough to get a franchise guy anyway so the Titans need to sign Tannehill anyway they can but also need to try and develop someone in the process 

True,

But could always trade up if they loved a guy. But in this draft, there isn't a guy worth that in my opinion

I don't see there being much of any chance that they draft a QB very highly if we're committing to Tannehill. He's going to be 32 next season, which going off how QBs have played in recent years, means you've probably got another 5-7 years out of him. I think if you commit to him, you spend those high draft picks on the team around him to try and make the push for a ring. Invest as much of your draft capital as it takes to add to this pass rush IMO.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I don't see there being much of any chance that they draft a QB very highly if we're committing to Tannehill. He's going to be 32 next season, which going off how QBs have played in recent years, means you've probably got another 5-7 years out of him. I think if you commit to him, you spend those high draft picks on the team around him to try and make the push for a ring. Invest as much of your draft capital as it takes to add to this pass rush IMO.

I hope this is the approach they take. Makes no sense to commit to a franchise qb and then waste a high pick on another qb. If we believe tanny can bring us a championship, then pick players who can help him do that. Only when we decide it’s over should we be looking at a qb in the first two days. 

• Like 2

NE has Brady and has drafted day 2 QBs multiple times.

I'm not saying go into the draft looking for one, but if you have a QB as the 30th overall player in the draft and for some reason he's sitting there at 54, gopher it. QBs get hurt and it always helps to have a QB sit before he needs to start.

It would be great to be in a situation where our season isn't over if our starting QB misses 6 games in the regular season.

That said, I strongly dislike any of the options after Herbert and do not think this is the year to get a QB. 

I think Burrow is the type of guy who can save a franchise, Tua is going to be an okay starter if he gets picked by a team that isn't a dumpster fire, and Herbert is going to be an extremely volatile guy who might produce if he sits for awhile, but will be a bust if he's forced to carry a franchise. 

Everyone after that is a career backup or out of the NFL.

Edited by TitanSS

17 hours ago, titanrick said:

I hope this is the approach they take. Makes no sense to commit to a franchise qb and then waste a high pick on another qb. If we believe tanny can bring us a championship, then pick players who can help him do that. Only when we decide it’s over should we be looking at a qb in the first two days. 

Agreed

Tannehill is good enough to win with for now

Our defense still needs help

Titans need to be looking to add an OLB on the other side of Landry

Titans still need to resign Logan RyaN

Titans have a lot of other needs than wasting picks trying to trade up when we can just sign Tannehill for now 

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

True and while I can't guarantee they would have more rings if they had chosen impact players instead of backup QBs, it's certainly possible. 

And I can guarantee those backup QBs didn't help win the rings they did get.

A franchise QB needs all the help he can get to win a title.  Don't take the potential of high picks away from him by taking someone who *might* one day be a competent backup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I'm not saying go into the draft looking for one, but if you have a QB as the 30th overall player in the draft and for some reason he's sitting there at 54, gopher it. QBs get hurt and it always helps to have a QB sit before he needs to start.

It would be great to be in a situation where our season isn't over if our starting QB misses 6 games in the regular season.

That said, I strongly dislike any of the options after Herbert and do not think this is the year to get a QB. 

I think Burrow is the type of guy who can save a franchise, Tua is going to be an okay starter if he gets picked by a team that isn't a dumpster fire, and Herbert is going to be an extremely volatile guy who might produce if he sits for awhile, but will be a bust if he's forced to carry a franchise. 

Everyone after that is a career backup or out of the NFL.

That is part true my guy but you also leaving out that NE has had a ton of draft capital working in their favor. Do you recall how many times NE has had multiple 1st round picks, from trading out of the 1st round, or how many 2nd round picks they’ve gotten from trading players, chandler jones, Jimmy G. The pats are able to draft a QB because they always have the draft capital. They trade players before it’s too late vs giving them big extensions, & they trade out of the 1st round a lot to acquire more picks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titanrick said:

True and while I can't guarantee they would have more rings if they had chosen impact players instead of backup QBs, it's certainly possible. 

And I can guarantee those backup QBs didn't help win the rings they did get.

A franchise QB needs all the help he can get to win a title.  Don't take the potential of high picks away from him by taking someone who *might* one day be a competent backup.

A franchise QB does need all the help he can get and you also run the risk of not even getting the to playoffs if he misses 6 games during the season and his backup goes 2-4 or 1-5. Winning 3 games when he goes out helps him immensely.

You could lose an entire season based on the injury of one person who touches the ball on every play.

We've already seen him take some shots this season and have his last two seasons derailed by injury.

It's all risk vs reward. Investing in a backup QB is similar to having full coverage on your vehicle. The quality of your vehicle usually determines if this is worthwhile, and I think it's the same here for the quality of our team.

If you believe you have a Super Bowl quality team, I think it's absolutely necessary to invest in a quality backup QB, otherwise you risk losing an entire years worth of work, and entire year of every other player on your team, simply by having one injury.

Can anyone imagine having Blaine Gabbert start again?

56 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

That is part true my guy but you also leaving out that NE has had a ton of draft capital working in their favor. Do you recall how many times NE has had multiple 1st round picks, from trading out of the 1st round, or how many 2nd round picks they’ve gotten from trading players, chandler jones, Jimmy G. The pats are able to draft a QB because they always have the draft capital. They trade players before it’s too late vs giving them big extensions, & they trade out of the 1st round a lot to acquire more picks 

Those trades also cost them the prime of one of the best pass rushers of this generation to get a 2nd round pick in return. They've made their share of blunders.

It's not as if they had draft capital that any other team couldn't obtain. They've had multiple first round picks taken from them by the NFL and have the lowest average draft pick of any team in the NFL over the last 2 decades.

Any team could accumulate picks if they have a similar draft strategy. It also was something they did much more frequently in Brady's prime than they do now that they are less reliant on him to carry the team. 

• Like 1