Mahomes or Jackson

rocky_rams

2 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

It wasn't correct then. It's not correct now. If you want to deem that Lamar had a better season because he didn't dislocate his knee cap and miss a few games, that's fine. If you want to say Lamar is the MVP of the 2019 season and put together the best season collectively this year, that's fine. But he is not a better QB than Mahomes. Nobody holds that title.

Lamar had a better season and it wasn't just because of Mahomes' injury.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

At that point in time it wasn't incorrect. Of course it's easy to look back at that take now and laugh, but before Christmas it was absolutely correct.

However, we do have to update this thread now that Mahomes dominated in the playoffs and Lamar didn't. I don't think it's a slight against Lamar to say Mahomes is better, because Lamar is solidly a top 5, if not top 3 QB in the NFL right now and he's gonna be the youngest MVP winner in a very long time. Mahomes is just a dude on another level, and that's okay.

this is awful. One game doesnt change who they are as qbs. They are still the ame guys. Lamar is inconsistent throwing, his ability to throw is played up by the fact he is such a threat with his legs. His throwing has to improve for him to be a consistently elite QB. That was true a month ago and its true today.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

this is awful. One game doesnt change who they are as qbs. They are still the ame guys. Lamar is inconsistent throwing, his ability to throw is played up by the fact he is such a threat with his legs. His throwing has to improve for him to be a consistently elite QB. That was true a month ago and its true today.

"One game doesn't change who they are as QB's"

uses one game to conclude that Lamar is inconsistent at throwing a football and doesn't really have the ability to throw that other QB's have

Good job.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"One game doesn't change who they are as QB's"

uses one game to conclude that Lamar is inconsistent at throwing a football and doesn't really have the ability to throw that other QB's have

Good job.

why would you assume i used one game? because that makes it the easiest for your argument. good job but wrong unfortunately.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Who in their right mind would take Mahomes over Jackson?  Hell, why would anyone take any QB over Mahomes?

I'm assuming this is supposed to be switched? lol

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

why would you assume i used one game? because that makes it the easiest for your argument. good job but wrong unfortunately.

Because if you thought Lamar was an "inconsistent passer" whose talent at throwing the football was only prevalent because of his ability to run - it proves you haven't watched a single snap of his this year. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

At that point in time it wasn't incorrect. Of course it's easy to look back at that take now and laugh, but before Christmas it was absolutely correct.

However, we do have to update this thread now that Mahomes dominated in the playoffs and Lamar didn't. I don't think it's a slight against Lamar to say Mahomes is better, because Lamar is solidly a top 5, if not top 3 QB in the NFL right now and he's gonna be the youngest MVP winner in a very long time. Mahomes is just a dude on another level, and that's okay.

Just now, Nex_Gen said:

He still isn't the better QB..

If you read my posts, you'd know that I agree!

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm assuming this is supposed to be switched? lol

Because if you thought Lamar was an "inconsistent passer" whose talent at throwing the football was only prevalent because of his ability to run - it proves you haven't watched a single snap of his this year. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

cool story bro, still wrong but whatevs. you doknt even believe it or you wouldnt be creating strawmans.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you read my posts, you'd know that I agree!

I read your post. What you basically said was, you acknowledge that Mahomes is the better QB (and the best QB in the league), while you passive aggressively try to insert the notion that Lamar is the better QB. He is not. Not a month ago. Not now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nex_Gen said:

I read your post. What you basically said was, you acknowledge that Mahomes is the better QB (and the best QB in the league), while you passive aggressively try to insert the notion that Lamar is the better QB. He is not. Not a month ago. Not now. 

Uh, no. Lamar isn't better than Mahomes right now. Not sure how much more clearly I can say that. He was the better player throughout this entire year, though.

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm not talking about just this year or last year.  I meant if I could take one guy to be my starting QB for the foreseeable future, the answer is clearly Mahomes

Are you talking about 12+ years? Because if we are talking about 4-5 years, Russell Wilson is the best QB in football. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Who in their right mind would take Mahomes over Jackson?  Hell, why would anyone take any QB over Mahomes?

The popular choice this season by a large margin if you needed a QB to build with was Lamar or even Russell Wilson over Mahomes. Despite the prevailing notion after last year being "Get Mahomes an average defense and he'll win you a super bowl" somehow, they still forgot about HIM. To the point where you called Chiefs favorites to win the SB you were called a crazy man.

Mahomes is the best young QB I've ever seen. He's a gift from the football gods.