Prospects to keep an eye on for the Bucs

indifference

38 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

As long as Darnold comes out and Cousins stays in Washington,  feeling really, really good at 7.

I think (hope, for his sake) that Darnold stays.

Either way, Cleveland has to take a QB with one of their picks. And the Giants are cleaning house already. New GM/coach means new QB, even if Eli stays around for one more year. Denver needs a QB. And Elway has to make it happen. Hopefully not through FA again, like you alluded to.

That leaves three picks before us that might not be QB. Barkley's gonna be one for sure. At least one of Chubb/Key will be an other. And Fitzpatrick has to go up there too. 

So we should have a chance at one of Chubb/Key and pretty much everyone else.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to trade back. San Fran, Chicago, and Oakland pick after us (in that order) and none will take QB. So there's no need for anybody to trade with us to grab one.

The Jets are right in front of us. I don't know if they'd take the third/fourth QB in the draft over someone like Key/Chubb/Barkley/Fitzpatrick.

All signs point to Luck being back for next year for the Colts. So I've gotta imagine they'll be on the Key/Chubb/Barkley train as well.

The Browns are in a position to take their QB and go BPA. Which would probably include Fitz/Chubb/Key/Barkley.

So to recap my drunken rant of pretending to know what's going to happen. I agree we're still in a good spot. And I think moving back from five to seven actually opens our options of BPA. I think we'll have a board of something like:

• Bradley Chubb
  • Arden Key
  • Vita Vea
  • Saquan Barkley
  • Minka Fitzpatrick
  • Quenton Nelson

In no particular order. 

And I'm guessing the draft looks something like:

1. Cleveland - QB Josh Rosen
  2. New York Giants - QB Lamar Jackson
  3. Indianapolis - EDGE Arden Key
  4. Cleveland - RB Saquan Barkley
  5. Denver - QB Baker Mayfield
  6. New York Jets - DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
  7. Tampa Bay - EDGE Bradley Chubb

So we beat the god damn Saints and we may STILL be able to land Chubb.

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think (hope, for his sake) that Darnold stays.

Either way, Cleveland has to take a QB with one of their picks. And the Giants are cleaning house already. New GM/coach means new QB, even if Eli stays around for one more year. Denver needs a QB. And Elway has to make it happen. Hopefully not through FA again, like you alluded to.

That leaves three picks before us that might not be QB. Barkley's gonna be one for sure. At least one of Chubb/Key will be an other. And Fitzpatrick has to go up there too. 

So we should have a chance at one of Chubb/Key and pretty much everyone else.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to trade back. San Fran, Chicago, and Oakland pick after us (in that order) and none will take QB. So there's no need for anybody to trade with us to grab one.

The Jets are right in front of us. I don't know if they'd take the third/fourth QB in the draft over someone like Key/Chubb/Barkley/Fitzpatrick.

All signs point to Luck being back for next year for the Colts. So I've gotta imagine they'll be on the Key/Chubb/Barkley train as well.

The Browns are in a position to take their QB and go BPA. Which would probably include Fitz/Chubb/Key/Barkley.

So to recap my drunken rant of pretending to know what's going to happen. I agree we're still in a good spot. And I think moving back from five to seven actually opens our options of BPA. I think we'll have a board of something like:

• Bradley Chubb
  • Arden Key
  • Vita Vea
  • Saquan Barkley
  • Minka Fitzpatrick
  • Quenton Nelson

In no particular order. 

And I'm guessing the draft looks something like:

1. Cleveland - QB Josh Rosen
  2. New York Giants - QB Lamar Jackson
  3. Indianapolis - EDGE Arden Key
  4. Cleveland - RB Saquan Barkley
  5. Denver - QB Baker Mayfield
  6. New York Jets - DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
  7. Tampa Bay - EDGE Bradley Chubb

So we beat the god damn Saints and we may STILL be able to land Chubb.

Good job.  Fitzpatrick is a wild card.  Safety or CB?  I like Chubb because he plays with an edge, which this team sorely needs.  I think Colts have a shot to move back and take a run at Nelson.  They have too much invsted in Luck to see him get beaten up again.  From a cap standpoint   he has to stay healthy.

Per Walter:

Mata'afa plays defensive tackle for the Cougars, but he will have to move to defensive end or outside linebacker in the NFL. Mata'afa does have a nose for the quarterback with pass-rush ability. In 2017, he has 43 tackles with 21.5 tackles for a loss, 9.5 sacks and two forced fumbles. Mata'afa had 47 tackles with 13.5 tackles for a loss and five sacks in 2016. He notched seven sacks in 2015. Mata'afa could get consideration for a DPR - designated pass-rusher - role in the NFL.

Walt gives him a round four to six grade. He's 6'2" 255lbs.

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

After seeing our offense with even a decent running game the last few weeks, I think I'd almost rather hope for a RB in the third. There are gonna be quite a few good RBs that should available around there. 

I think defensive line or offensive line should be priority number one.

I agree. I think the line gives us the biggest improvement. Or a trade back..

I think qb josh Allen could get some looks from the broncos or jets too. So 4 qbs could go in the top 10. The bills have two first round picks to move up for a QB as well. 

Lamar Jackson declaring could make 5 qbs going high. 

If that’s the case, Jets, Broncos, bills (trade up) , Browns, and giants need qbs. 4 of those teams pick in front of us. 

If Andrew lucks shoulder is as bad as they say, it could be 5 teams in front of us needing qbs. 

Archived