I can easily see the top 6 going: 

1. Cleveland: darnold 

2. Giants: rosen 

3. Indy- Barkley 

4. Cleveland: Connor Williams 

5. Denver: josh Allen 

6. Jets : mayfield or Jackson 

7. Chubb ! 

Same. Chubb is an average athlete he will disappoint at the combine. At 7 he’s steal of draft worthy.

I think Chubb falls to us. He doesn’t fit the 3-4 alignment. Indy will probably keep that personnel even with a new coach. 

Cleveland would be my worry as the year run a 4-3. Garrett and Chubb off the ends but they need to beef up their line to protect darnold or Garrett. 

Denver and New York run 3-4 schemes and probably in the hunt to take a QB. 

I ve respected Licht for following his draft board and not selecting on need.  He has his misses, but I don't think there can be any doubt his draft record is better then Allen and Dom.

Which brings me to Quenton Nelson.  I think I'm stating the obvious when I write the Bucs had the worst interior line in the division by far.  The running game suffered and is it that much of a surprise Winston s fumbles increased with Sweezy and Pamphile/Smith at guard.  When Marpet was at RG, it was easier to slide Hawley to help Pamphile two years ago.  Winston s rookie year Mankins was at LG and they could slide Hawley to help Marpet at RG.  This year both guards flat out sucked and we'e very inconsistent. 

By all accounts, Nelson is a top 3 prospect in this draft.  Taking him at 7 is tremendous value.  The depth in this draft is DT.  Right now, I m having a hard time rating Chubb over Nelson.  If the team wasn't so bad with the pass rush, would Chubb and Nelson even be a debate?  We ll see how Chubb grades out athletically and his true measurables, maybe he becomes the obvious choice. 

2 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

I’ve been thinking about this potential move the last few days... take Nelson and move up for Price. 

Nelson - Price - Marpet 

And to this point, do we indeed move Marpet back to RG? It would make so much sense to solidify BOTH guards so we don’t have to slide protection to either side, but is it too logical for us to do that?

Chubb is a sexier prospect than Nelson, but barring injury Nelson is more can’t miss and his addition makes Winston better and probably helps with the fumbling issues. 

If we add a few DL in free agency, Nelson looks like a really good option. We better put Marpet back to RG though and get rid of Sweezy.

2016 highlights of Nelson that are pretty impressive. 

22 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

And to this point, do we indeed move Marpet back to RG? It would make so much sense to solidify BOTH guards so we don’t have to slide protection to either side, but is it too logical for us to do that?

FA period would need us to sign a few of Bennett, Star, Poe, Richardson, Talib, Johnson etc if a move like this was in the works. 

8 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

FA period would need us to sign a few of Bennett, Star, Poe, Richardson, Talib, Johnson etc if a move like this was in the works. 

Or how bout we sign Andrew Norwell to play RG, draft Nelson to play LG, and appease Koetter by keeping Marpet at C. Talk about an interior line.

How exactly did Marpet grade at C this year? I have no idea.

Hmm maybe sign a Center and move marpet back to Rg and draft Nelson to play LG? 

Our line was not Atrocious to blame them on all of our run game woes and Jameis fumbles. Winston does have tendencies to hold on to the ball too long. And barber was able to run much better behind a line that had both marpet and Dotson out. And musical guards on the left side. 

I don’t think this line needs an overhaul. 

However, if Chubb is gone and so is Fitzpatrick at 7, yes I would take Nelson. Easily. 

Archived